ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Littwin: The great pot shot
- Survivor of Stevens Pass avalanche to speak at Copper Mountain Resort safety clinic
- Summit County restaurants offer alternatives to cooking for Christmas
- Holiday activities and events around Summit County for all ages