ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- Breckenridge woman remembered following fatal hit-and-run crash
- Machete attack trial: Court awaits jury verdict on attempted murder charges
- Prosecution highlights discrepancies in machete attack suspect's testimony
- Victim identified in fatal hit-and-run crash in Breckenridge
- Felix Cavaliere's Rascals headline music festival at Copper Mountain Resort