ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- Longtime Summit County local donates water rights to Silverthorne
- Aspen hostage-taker: I told you I was going to kill you
- Colorado wolf advocates, wildlife managers again feud over reintroduction
- Bruce Carey challenging to lead Colorado's Fifth Judicial District
- Copper hosts Copper Crush MTB race and Capture the Flag for adults this weekend