ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- Density of Frisco townhome development faces resistance
- Runaway truck flies up safety ramp off Interstate 70, driver unharmed
- 2008 Summit High School graduate returns home to teach at Snowy Peaks
- Dew Tour returns to Breckenridge Ski Resort for 2016
- Summit County police blotter: Drunk man helps himself to Which Wich chips