ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- What to know before skinning Breckenridge, Copper and A-Basin
- Sports Authority to sell all assets, including Summit County store
- Breckenridge transportation talks emphasize walking over parking
- Denver resident dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday
- Work It Out: Can weight lifting help or hurt when you're over the hill?