ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- The Breckenridge cyclist collision reminds us of the rules of the road
- A Summit County guide to fireworks and free music on Fourth of July
- Bikes races, trail runs and skate board throw-downs make for red-hot July in Summit
- Editor's Picks: Summit County's best bets for the weekend
- Summit County FIRC raises more than $100,000 at annual fashion show