ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- Dillon plans large-scale amphitheater renovations
- Take 5: Boulder Olympic triathlete Laura Bennett
- Summit High alumna to highlight pursuing passions at weekend graduation
- Summit Right Brain: Daniel "Moose" Bednarski is a singer/songwriter from Breckenridge
- Colorado's news roundup: Aspen mountain will offer skiing on Memorial Day weekend (05.24.16)