ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
- High altitude may boost babies' risks for SIDS deaths
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- Snowy Peaks High School graduated 18 students in emotional ceremony
- Colorado workers sue Chipotle, following national trend of worker labor lawsuits
- Obituary: Marco Tulio Reifsteck