ASPEN - The city manager has fired a policewoman who used a Taser on a 63-year-old homeless woman who was rummaging through donations behind a thrift shop."Your decision to use a Taser on an elderly woman who posed no immediate threat to you, herself, or anyone else in the community displays a complete lack of understanding of the values, philosophy and mission statement of the Aspen Police Department," City Manager Steve Barwick wrote in a memo delivered to fired patrolwoman Melinda Calvano.Barwick said Calvano can contest her dismissal through the city's appeal process.
City manager fires policewoman who used taser on homeless woman
Trending in: News
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County hatchet trial comes to emotional conclusion, 10-year sentence
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Lucha Cantina in Breckenridge to close April 21
- Rock Mountain Marijuana Part 2: Police at front lines of evolving industry