Kenneth Maine was born in Waterloo, Iowa, on Dec. 24, 1948, and peacefully passed away on March 9, in Mesa, Ariz., after a battle with esophageal cancer. Ken proudly served in the United States Marine Corps, completing two tours in Vietnam. He was a resident of Georgetown from 1978-2003. During this time he worked as a salesman in Summit County, most recently for Lewan & Associates, until he retired to travel the country.Ken is survived by his son Willie Maine of Silver Plume; his daughter Jessica Jensen of Las Vegas, Nevada; a sister Beverly Briggs and a brother Charles Maine, both of Iowa.Services were held March 12 at Mariposa Gardens in Mesa, Ariz. An additional celebration of Ken's life will be held in Colorado this summer.A memorial webpage for Kenneth Maine may be viewed at www.mem.com
- Summit County area locals forming ski mountaineering club
- Smith: Legal drug lords in Breckenridge?
- Lindsey Vonn, Julia Mancuso join men’s team for first day of downhill at Copper Mountain
- Keystone Center works with national stakeholders to tackle honeybee threats
- Has the Obama administration hobbled the Endangered Species Act?