Arapahoe Basin and Loveland will be the second and third Colorado ski resorts to open this season.Arapahoe Basin says it plans to open Thursday, just 100 days after it closed on July 4. Arapahoe Basin says it will have an 18-inch base on an intermediate run. Several terrain park features will also be open.Loveland says it will open Friday with an 18-inch base.Wolf Creek Ski Area in southern Colorado was first in the state this season, opening Saturday.Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort outside Las Vegas claims it was the first in the nation to open, beating Wolf Creek by 27 minutes.Unlike Wolf Creek and Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort, however, when Arapahoe Basin and Loveland open, they're open daily for the season.
- Littwin: The great pot shot
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Survivor of Stevens Pass avalanche to speak at Copper Mountain Resort safety clinic
- Pine beetle, women’s rights defined tenure of retiring Summit County forest manager
- Holiday activities and events around Summit County for all ages