Arapahoe Basin and Loveland will be the second and third Colorado ski resorts to open this season.Arapahoe Basin says it plans to open Thursday, just 100 days after it closed on July 4. Arapahoe Basin says it will have an 18-inch base on an intermediate run. Several terrain park features will also be open.Loveland says it will open Friday with an 18-inch base.Wolf Creek Ski Area in southern Colorado was first in the state this season, opening Saturday.Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort outside Las Vegas claims it was the first in the nation to open, beating Wolf Creek by 27 minutes.Unlike Wolf Creek and Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort, however, when Arapahoe Basin and Loveland open, they're open daily for the season.
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- Breckenridge police blotter: Social media melee spooks bar owner
- A behind-the-scenes look at avalanche mitigation for Arapahoe Basin
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area terrain expansion moves ahead