Neal was no ordinary guy. He was an extreme athlete who could be at the top of his sport without taking a lesson and had an incredible love for the outdoors. He could ski backwards faster than most could ski forward and loved to "catch air." Neal had a special connection with his Mom, and he worked with his dad at Recycle Sports in Frisco, where customers appreciated his help, warmth, and his contagious sense of humor. He could have you laughing in a heartbeat.Neal has affected hundreds of people with his loyalty, strong friendships and overall love of life. Not a day will pass that Neal is not remembered, and loved for dearly.Neal is survived by his parents, Steve and Janet Van Wieringen; sisters, Desiree and Danelle; brother, Kevin; nephew & nieces, Alex, Hans; and Sierra; brother-in-law, Lance and Casey; Aunt Janette; cousins, Matthew and Josh; and numerous relatives in Washington.One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be All Right.
Neal Steven Van Wieringen, Nov. 8, 1979-May 6, 2012
- PETA blasts town of Dillon for reindeer games gone awry during holiday event
- Mountain lion sighted roaming Vail Mountain
- Companies bringing marijuana tours to Colorado’s High Country
- Dew Tour in Breckenridge opens with Kelly Clark leading the way in superpipe
- Dew Tour, a preamble to the Sochi Olympics, hits the slopes for sixth year in Breckenridge