The Tin Shop welcomes Jennifer Ghormley as their new artist in residence. Ghormley is a master printmaker residing in Denver. She will be at the Tin Shop through June 2nd. Ghormley will host a woodcut printmaking workshop on Thursday, May 24 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The Tin Shop features a variety of artists from around the country and internationally for periods of one week up to one month. Guest artists have open studio hours for public visitation, offer workshops in their medium and host lectures and public projects throughout the year. The Tin Shop is located at 117 E. Washington Ave., Breckenridge. Ghormley will have her studio open Thursdays through Sundays, May 17 - June 1, 2 to 6 p.m. Ghormley employs a variety of techniques in her translation of ideas into works of art. She received her MFA in printmaking in 2006 from the University of Nebraska and her BFA in printmaking in 2002 from Metropolitan State College of Denver. She shows her work through national juried exhibitions and invitations. From 2007 to 2009, Ghormley was the studio manager of Anderson Ranch Print Editions at Anderson Ranch Art Center in Snowmass Village. Currently, she teaches drawing, printmaking and digital arts courses at Metropolitan State College of Denver, Arapahoe Community College and various arts organizations throughout the country. For more information contact (970) 453-3364, or email@example.com.
- Mary's Medicinals CEO talks about hemp and federally legal cannabis patches
- Copper Mountain hosting USASA snowboard and freeski nationals
- Evo3 Workspace in Frisco hosts grand-opening event on Saturday night
- Mountain Wheels: Tiny Chevy Trax will still get through the worst of conditions
- Summit Community Orchestra recognizes Youth Musical Showcase winners