Charlie Calvin, 45, passed away at home in Athens, Ga. May 15. A native of Houston, Texas, he attended Texas A&M where he was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Charlie lived for many years in Breckenridge, working at the Breck Building Center. He moved to Athens to raise a family and continued to read the Summit Daily online every day to keep up with old friends. An avid outdoorsman who loved fishing in the Colorado high country and hunting in Georgia, his greatest love was for his children. Whether throwing a ball, catching a fish or teaching them to aim a BB gun, they were the absolute focus of his life. He is survived by the two children he loved dearly with all his heart: Mary Roper Calvin and Charles Machin Calvin, Jr.; his father Charles Calvin of Houston, Texas and Cousin's Island, Maine and mother Sarah Blackford of Belleair, Florida and Breckenridge; his brothers Phillip Calvin, Frisco, Colo. and Cole Blackford of Amsterdam, Netherlands; and step-parents, step-sisters, nieces and nephews around the country. Memorial contributions can be made to the local chapter of Trout Unlimited and the family will maintain an educational fund for the children.
- Sierra Hull headlines second day of Keystone’s Winter Bluegrass Weekend
- Copper Mountain instructor offers tips on improving your snowboarding skills
- WinterBike fat bike race, demos returns to Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County hosts first free electronics, pharmaceuticals collection event
- New Summit County collaboration barleywine to raise money for rescue group