Charlie Calvin, 45, passed away at home in Athens, Ga. May 15. A native of Houston, Texas, he attended Texas A&M where he was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Charlie lived for many years in Breckenridge, working at the Breck Building Center. He moved to Athens to raise a family and continued to read the Summit Daily online every day to keep up with old friends. An avid outdoorsman who loved fishing in the Colorado high country and hunting in Georgia, his greatest love was for his children. Whether throwing a ball, catching a fish or teaching them to aim a BB gun, they were the absolute focus of his life. He is survived by the two children he loved dearly with all his heart: Mary Roper Calvin and Charles Machin Calvin, Jr.; his father Charles Calvin of Houston, Texas and Cousin's Island, Maine and mother Sarah Blackford of Belleair, Florida and Breckenridge; his brothers Phillip Calvin, Frisco, Colo. and Cole Blackford of Amsterdam, Netherlands; and step-parents, step-sisters, nieces and nephews around the country. Memorial contributions can be made to the local chapter of Trout Unlimited and the family will maintain an educational fund for the children.
- Summit County woman one of many misdiagnosed with MS, lawsuit says
- Dillon Valley the hot market in Summit County condo sales
- Breckenridge Hogfest celebrates bourbon and bacon with Tender Belly
- Take 5: The Mosquito-Tenmile Range Traverse with Nikki LaRochelle
- Cross-country run stops in Summit County to raise suicide awareness