U.S. 40.Call it the nation's gateway to gravity riding.The 100-mile stretch of U.S. 40 from Winter Park to Granby Ranch to Steamboat Springs hosts three of the nation's best and most progressive bike parks, with chairlifts servicing more than 120 miles of meandering singletrack and expert downhill trails."It's cool to see these Colorado resorts funding bike parks because it really is an economically feasible way to keep chairs running all summer," said Steamboat downhiller Cory Prager, who has worked with his local ski area to develop a growing collection of gravity-specific trails, with massive features that are drawing hordes of armor-clad riders. "I think the park is helping Steamboat become a cycling destination. Now we have something for everyone who rides."Read the rest of the story at The Denver Post:http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_20936965/u-s-40-colorado-heavenly-highway-great-bike?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com
US 40 in Colorado is heavenly highway for great bike parks
Trending in: News
- Independent review site compares multi-resort ski pass value
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Breckenridge photographer’s wilderness photo chosen for display in Smithsonian museum in D.C.
- Colorado, Washington city managers offer their experience of marijuana on Main
- Breckenridge sign ordinance fails on second reading