U.S. 40.Call it the nation's gateway to gravity riding.The 100-mile stretch of U.S. 40 from Winter Park to Granby Ranch to Steamboat Springs hosts three of the nation's best and most progressive bike parks, with chairlifts servicing more than 120 miles of meandering singletrack and expert downhill trails."It's cool to see these Colorado resorts funding bike parks because it really is an economically feasible way to keep chairs running all summer," said Steamboat downhiller Cory Prager, who has worked with his local ski area to develop a growing collection of gravity-specific trails, with massive features that are drawing hordes of armor-clad riders. "I think the park is helping Steamboat become a cycling destination. Now we have something for everyone who rides."Read the rest of the story at The Denver Post:http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_20936965/u-s-40-colorado-heavenly-highway-great-bike?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com
- Ski patrollers explain the finer points of ski area etiquette
- Summit County could face strain from Colorado's new water plan
- Silverthorne police identify suspects in armed robbery of Kum & Go
- Domus Pacis Family Concert Series presents Under a Blood Red Sky in Breckenridge
- Warren Haynes releases third solo album 'Ashes & Dust'