Copper Village's Fridays At Copper, weekly through Sept. 2, is a monumental way to start off every Colorado weekend. Kicking off the weekend, Copper will host entertainment featuring a deal on free activities, free live music and a free outdoor movie.Patrons of Copper who've spent $30 at the resort during the previous week receive a one-time free ticket for each of the following activities: bungee tramps, climbing wall, go karts, bumper boats, paddle boats and mini golf. All activities run from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. Guests may redeem the free pass at guest services in Copper Sports in the Village at Copper.Once the activities start to calm down, the village ramps things back up with Friday Night Street Parties. Offering free live music and plenty of guests dancing in the streets from 5-7 p.m. A different live band is showcased every week.After the activities and live music, guests can settle in and enjoy a free movie under the stars with the mountains as their backdrop. Movies begin around dusk at approximately 8:30 p.m. and are weather permitting. A cozy blanket and pillow are highly recommended for this relaxing event.On deck for a live performance Friday at Copper Mountain is Dread Zeppelin, a band that plays music by Led Zeppelin with a refreshing reggae style. Dread Zeppelin just released a new CD titled "Soso" that can be purchased on iTunes and at Copper Mountain the night of the show.
- Mountain Wheels: All-new Ford Mustang revs up the sex appeal
- 18-year-old cadet dies after skiing accident at Keystone Resort
- Longtime Colorado business repeatedly tangles with wage enforcement system
- Snowy Peaks High School labeled as turnaround school, applies three improvement strategies
- Wounded Warrior Project brings vets to Keystone for adaptive skiing