Although I am a part-time resident and will be returning to Arizona, I wanted to thank all the Forest Service people and the volunteers that have worked so hard to clear the trails this season and keep them clear. I hike a great deal above Wildernest and after a winter of downed trees, etc., it had to be a daunting task to make the trails passable. Thank you for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to volunteers and Forest Service employees
Trending in: News
- Summit County workforce housing bill signed by President Obama
- La Maratona Verticale challenges runners at Copper Mountain
- Summit County Rescue Group cautions summer hikers: Be prepared
- Summit County pediatrician explores health effects of altitude on children
- Jackie Moberly, longtime face of the Summit Daily News, retires after 20 years