My wife, Pamela, was injured in RMNP 8/31/12 while hiking with our granddaughter and air-lifted from RMNP to MCR-Loveland, stabilized then air-lifted to U.C. Hospital, Denver. Pamela was in Neuro ICU for over two weeks, finally released 9/17. When Pamela fell, I was backpacking with our daughter, son-in-law, and two other grandchildren starting from Lower Cataract trailhead the a.m. of 8/30. Thanks to my brother's coordination efforts with Jim Koegel of Summit County Rescue Group we were located at Griffith Lake around 10 p.m. 8/31. The three SCRG men who located us, Charles Pitman, Tim Schlough and John Reller, are to be especially commended for their heroic efforts in finding us and getting us off the mountain. Pitman for immediately assisting my daughter and I back to the trailhead where my sister/brother-in-law drove us to Denver; Schlough and Reller for helping our son-in-law and grandkids break camp and get down safely. Our immediate and extended family want to express our heartfelt appreciation to SCRG, Jim Koegel, mission coordinator, and especially Pitman, Schlough, and Reller for their outstanding determination and self-sacrifice for those many hours the night of 8/31-9/1. Thank you, SCRG!
Hastings: Heartfelt appreciation for Summit County Rescue Group
Trending in: News
- Family searching for Breckenridge man who went missing after Dillon Reservoir car crash
- Health in the High Country: doctors discuss altitude effects on heart, lungs
- The state Marijuana Enforcement Division releases new rules for medical, retail marijuana businesses
- At Dillon Valley Elementary, students switch between languages all day every day
- Road Trip: Travel to Telluride for the season that shimmers