Summit Huts Association is looking for volunteers to help out with its final volunteer work weekend of the fall on Saturday at the Section House and Ken's Cabin atop Boreas Pass. Volunteers help prep the cabins for the upcoming winter season, splitting and stacking firewood and cleaning the cabins. Volunteers earn a voucher good for a free night at the hut for each day worked. Preregistration is required, contact Summit Huts for more information or to sign up: email@example.com or www.summithuts.org.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Dear Drewbie: What Mount Everest and a Phish concert teach us about life, travel and finding your comfort zone
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Attempted murder on Transfer Trail
- Summit Daily News reader photos