Summit Snow Tigers' head coach Justin Hildebrand orchestrated another shutout victory, 18-0, this time over the Middle Park Panthers on the morning of Sept. 29 in Granby. Hildebrand attributes the victory to a week of tough practicing and execution of the game plan by the whole team. The best play of the game was the last play of the first half: On second-down-and-eight, running back Koa Rashidi completed a pass play for 45 yards. It was caught by wide receiver Cameron Kalaf for the second touchdown of the game. This season, the fourth- and fifth-grade Summit Snow Tigers (3-0) have outscored their opponents 84 points while holding opponents to only 6 points. The second- and third-grade team didn't win their Saturday game, but the score showed they didn't let down, finishing with a 27-20 score. Both teams play at Summit Middle School on Saturday against the Kremmling Stallions at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Hildebrand expects momentum heading into Saturday's final games.
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Bear wrangled to safety after getting Cheese Balls container stuck on head
- Summit Daily editor's column: End the silence around suicide
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Life On Two Wheels: Around the world with Christina McGrath of Swell Fit Living