How long do we have to look at the huge electric signs telling us the Dam Road is open 24 hours. It has been almost a year that the road has been open for 24 hours. It also seems logical that a road is open (and for 24 hours) if there is no sign stating this. All our other roads don't have signs telling us they're open 24 hours. This large sign does not enhance our beautiful scenery and probably could be put to better use elsewhere. I just wonder how many years we have to look at these signs and if the sign were taken away I would think that all drivers would assume the road is open for travel and not wonder if they may not be able to drive on it at 3 a.m.
Baumgarten: Time to remove unsightly signs
Trending in: News
- Summit County company offers luxury cannabis tours
- Summit High School teacher wins EPA award for environmental education
- Vail Resorts, snowmobilers weigh in on wilderness bill announcement
- Summit, Inc: Colorado winning marijuana tourism battle with Washington state
- More Colo. pot seized in mail, report says