Joe was born in Leadville on Jan. 1, 1952. He was the first baby born that year. He graduated from Lake County High School and joined the Navy. After four years in the Navy, he and his family returned to Leadville, where he worked at the Climax Mine until it closed. He then worked for the post office in Frisco, Leadville and Florence until he retired in 2009. He lived in Canon City with his mother, Anna Blamey, until the time of his death. He enjoyed watching the F-18s with his friends in Colorado Springs. He enjoyed golfing and spending time with his family. He liked his online gambling and figured it was better than real gambling. He enjoyed watching the Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies. He returned home on Oct. 11. He will be missed by everyone. He is survived by his mother, Anna Blamey of Canon City; children Bunny Taylor (Tommy) and Scott Blamey (Adlin); grandchildren Randy and Zachary Taylor, Madyson, Jessy and Hailey Blamey all of Leadville; sisters JoAnn Whitman (Randy) of Grand Junction and Rosemary Martinez (Walter) of Brighton. He is preceded in death by his father, Joseph Blamey, Sr., and his sister Cheryl Lynn Zugel. The Catholic Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Friday at Annunciation Church, 609 Poplar St., Leadville. Interment will immediately follow at St. Joseph's Cemetery. Reception to follow at the Elks Lodge, 123 West 5th St., Leadville. In lieu of flowers or donations, please make a donation to the charity of your choice in his name.
Obituary: Joseph Robert Blamey, Jr.
Trending in: News
- Friends of Blake Bostic mourn their ‘gentle giant’ after Frisco incident
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Suspect identified in Frisco motel death; victim's injuries consistent with a fight, coroner says
- Bitter Summit County eminent domain dispute ends with $115,000 settlement
- Breckenridge’s Peak 9 Restaurant marks last days of private ownership