This Sunday, a breakfast and silent auction at Summit County Elk's Lodge will benefit Swan Center Outreach to help pay for the nonprofit's $5,000 feed bill.Most of the animals at the organization, located on a 300-acre ranch north of Silverthorne, come from backgrounds of neglect and abuse. After rehabilitation, the animals participate in children and adult programs about self-awareness and leadership. Participants learn how to feed the animals - including 30 horses, three llamas, an alpaca, pony, miniature horse and miniature donkey - handle and train them. Handlers learn to be more intuitive, confident, aware and less reactive. The feed bill for the animals every four months is $5,000, and previous Elks breakfasts have greatly assisted in meeting the expense. The silent auction includes items donated by Beaver Run Resorts, Alpine Mountain Recreation Ski/Board Rental, Christy Sports, Breeze Ski Board Rental, Copper Creek Golf Club, Keystone Resorts Nordic Center, Breckenridge Distillery, Vitamin Cottage and Frisco Wine Merchants, among others.
All-you-can-eat breakfast for Swan Center Outreach Sunday
Trending in: News
- Breckenridge Nordic Center donates ski lodge to Lakota reservation
- Silverthorne Elementary’s new principal welcomes students and staff on first day
- Breckenridge startup weekend winner links consumers, socially responsible companies
- Water in the West, Part 3: Water pumps life into Western Slope economies
- Obituary: Scott L. Carpenter