This Sunday, a breakfast and silent auction at Summit County Elk's Lodge will benefit Swan Center Outreach to help pay for the nonprofit's $5,000 feed bill.Most of the animals at the organization, located on a 300-acre ranch north of Silverthorne, come from backgrounds of neglect and abuse. After rehabilitation, the animals participate in children and adult programs about self-awareness and leadership. Participants learn how to feed the animals - including 30 horses, three llamas, an alpaca, pony, miniature horse and miniature donkey - handle and train them. Handlers learn to be more intuitive, confident, aware and less reactive. The feed bill for the animals every four months is $5,000, and previous Elks breakfasts have greatly assisted in meeting the expense. The silent auction includes items donated by Beaver Run Resorts, Alpine Mountain Recreation Ski/Board Rental, Christy Sports, Breeze Ski Board Rental, Copper Creek Golf Club, Keystone Resorts Nordic Center, Breckenridge Distillery, Vitamin Cottage and Frisco Wine Merchants, among others.
- Flight for Life pilot Patrick Mahany dies in Frisco crash; two others injured
- Behind the scenes at Frisco's 4th of July fireworks show
- Celebrate Independence Day in Summit County with fireworks, live music
- Video: Officials confirm one dead, two injured following Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Summit County remembers Flight for Life hero Patrick Mahany's service