DURANGO - One wildfire in southwest Colorado is fully contained, but others are still burning as dry conditions persist.The Little East Fire was declared fully contained on Friday, and pre-evacuation notices in Montezuma County have been lifted.The roughly 200-acre Vallecito Fire is 15 percent contained. It's burning on land burned a decade ago by the Missionary Ridge fire. The residents of 18 homes have been warned to be ready to evacuate if the fire spreads toward them. The fire was reported Tuesday, but fire managers say it may have been sparked by lightning days earlier.Meanwhile, the Goblin Fire in the Weminuche Wilderness is estimated to be between 650 and 700 acres. Authorities have determined that it was sparked by the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Train.
Little East Fire contained in southwest Colorado
Trending in: News
- Celebrate Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th birthday with day hikes
- Water in the West, Part 3: Water pumps life into Western Slope economies
- Silverthorne Elementary’s new principal welcomes students and staff on first day
- Summit County middle and high schoolers return to school
- USA Pro Challenge leaves Aspen for Crested Butte in Day 2