DURANGO - One wildfire in southwest Colorado is fully contained, but others are still burning as dry conditions persist.The Little East Fire was declared fully contained on Friday, and pre-evacuation notices in Montezuma County have been lifted.The roughly 200-acre Vallecito Fire is 15 percent contained. It's burning on land burned a decade ago by the Missionary Ridge fire. The residents of 18 homes have been warned to be ready to evacuate if the fire spreads toward them. The fire was reported Tuesday, but fire managers say it may have been sparked by lightning days earlier.Meanwhile, the Goblin Fire in the Weminuche Wilderness is estimated to be between 650 and 700 acres. Authorities have determined that it was sparked by the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Train.
Little East Fire contained in southwest Colorado
Trending in: News
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County hatchet trial comes to emotional conclusion, 10-year sentence
- Summit County police blotter: Dillon parking dispute ignites stickergate scandal
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Marijuana Part 1: High Country towns learn live with retail culture