Fill the Van is the largest food drive event to take place in the mountains, and will be conducting its 15th annual donations collection Saturday. Colorado Mountain Express vans will be parked outside of local grocery stores to collect donations between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sites in Summit include: City Market in Dillon, Walmart in Frisco and City Market in Breck. The drive is organized by CME, and benefits counties throughout Colorado. Donations will remain in the county they were donated. The thousands of pounds of food collected (22 tons were raised last year) will benefit various food banks and nonprofit organizations.
- Arapahoe Basin extends the Colorado ski season to June 14 after wintry May
- We need to talk about suicide in Summit (column)
- Summit County hosts more than 2 dozen trail, road and triathlon races this summer
- Keystone Resort's new head of operations says move from Canyons has been easy
- Breckenridge's 128-acre McCain property is its ace in the hole