Fill the Van is the largest food drive event to take place in the mountains, and will be conducting its 15th annual donations collection Saturday. Colorado Mountain Express vans will be parked outside of local grocery stores to collect donations between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sites in Summit include: City Market in Dillon, Walmart in Frisco and City Market in Breck. The drive is organized by CME, and benefits counties throughout Colorado. Donations will remain in the county they were donated. The thousands of pounds of food collected (22 tons were raised last year) will benefit various food banks and nonprofit organizations.
- After the kill, Part 2: Beetle epidemic presents challenges for logging industry
- Lindsey Vonn races at Lake Louise World Cup downhill 10 months after tearing knee
- World Cup at Beaver Creek: Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal wins men’s downhill
- Dillon Town Council reopens retail marijuana tax, regulation debate
- Summit County Jail deputies recognized for efforts to save life of suicidal inmate