We would like to voice our support for Kathleen Curry, Independent candidate for State House District 61. Our support is not partisan. Although we have been active for many years in Western Colorado partisan politics, we have been even more active in Colorado legal and political water matters, at local, regional and state levels. Our decision to support Kathleen is because of her relevant experience and knowledge in Colorado water matters. In addition to a Masters in Water Resources Management, she worked for the CWCB and she and her husband own a ranch (with water rights) in Gunnison County, she was manager of the Upper Gunnison River Water Conservancy District, plus she has experience in dealing with meaningful water matters as a state representative. Nothing is more important than water in Western Colorado, and nothing is more valuable in the legislature than knowledge and experience. We believe her experience in dealing with water matters is more important than party affiliation.
- Keystone Adaptive Center spreads winter sports passion to disabled veterans
- Jury finds Vanmatre guilty of attempted second-degree murder, six other charges
- Summit County chipping program challenged by shuttered biomass plant
- Machete attack trial: Court awaits jury verdict on attempted murder charges
- Breckenridge woman remembered following fatal hit-and-run crash