Kevin Mastin, a small business owner and environmentalist, is the kind of person we need as a Summit County commissioner. That's because he is:
1. A candidate who has lived in the area most of his life and who knows the county and is committed to its economic and environmental welfare.
2. A candidate who wants to make Summit County's budget fit its revenues and expenses without raising taxes.
3. A candidate who treasures our environment and is sensible about finding ways to sustain economic activity and jobs while protecting the reasons we all live here.
4. A strong communicator and a great marketer and sales person for Summit County's tourist attractions and local businesses. He will talk with his constituents, not down to them.
5. A person with integrity, both intellectual and financial.
6. A hard worker who knows how to be a family person as well as a politician, member of the community and business owner.
7. A learner who's not only gotten a good education but also learns every day and isn't stuck in a single-issue rut.
8. A listener. He listened to my opinions about high building permit fees with respect and understanding. I appreciate that. That he has widespread support shows that he listens to voters and understands the issues facing the county's commissioners.
Please see Kevin's website at www.kevinmastin.com, which shows his talent as a communicator, marketer and long-time service as the president of various county organizations and as a high school coach. You'll be impressed. He's running at large, not just in the 3rd district.