STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Summit County couple met as teens, reconnected 13 years later
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hopes for new terrain, lifts and zip lines
- Potential increase in year-round resort workforce may add to county's housing woes
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- USA Pro challenge cancels this year's Colo. bike race