STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Frisco marijuana dispensary scraps construction near Holiday Inn
- $3 million Dercum's Dash home becomes priciest Keystone sale since 2007
- Colorado company to be featured on 'Somebody's Gotta Do It' with Mike Rowe
- Miracle in Moab: The stunning rescue of Danelle Ballengee
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens new kids center