STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
Bronc rider killed in rollover crash in Texas
Trending in: News
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle
- New coworking alliance helps skiers balance work and play
- Summit County residents rally to organize event celebrating Blake Bostic’s life
- Summit County police blotter: Camper passes out on Montezuma Road, arrested for LSD possession
- Four-year-old Breckenridge girl bravely faces amputation, chemotherapy