STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Summit’s Mitchell Gray pitches for New Zealand in IBAF 21U Baseball World Cup
- High Country Baking column: Change up your typical pumpkin bread
- Give the bird a rest Thanksgiving in favor of an alternative protein
- New Epic Mountain Gear store opens in Frisco
- Racial disparities an issue in Denver police shootings, I-News inquiry finds