STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
Bronc rider killed in rollover crash in Texas
- PETA blasts town of Dillon for reindeer games gone awry during holiday event
- Dew Tour, a preamble to the Sochi Olympics, hits the slopes for sixth year in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge medical marijuana stores prepare for January retail sales
- Local photographer Nick Young’s work to be featured during Dew Tour in Breckenridge
- Mountain lion sighted roaming Vail Mountain