STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Mary's Medicinals CEO talks about hemp and federally legal cannabis patches
- Copper Mountain hosting USASA snowboard and freeski nationals
- Evo3 Workspace in Frisco hosts grand-opening event on Saturday night
- Mountain Wheels: Tiny Chevy Trax will still get through the worst of conditions
- Breckenridge Throwback Throwdown celebrates 30 years of snowboarding