STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Breckenridge venue being sued by Summit County cancels all 2015 weddings
- Gluten-free cookbook author Carol Fenster releases new recipes, book
- Colorado resort towns worry over marijuana perception
- Gift Guide: Deck the halls with high-end technological gadgets
- Adopt an Angel program celebrates 20 years of giving toys to Summit County children in need