STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Summit Middle School principal Joel Rivera focuses on relationship building
- Summit County agencies fully contain 238-acre fire north of Silverthorne
- Breckenridge photographer helps nonprofit provide menstrual hygiene resources in Kenya
- Copper Mountain Resort starts snowmaking for the 2015-16 season