STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
Bronc rider killed in rollover crash in Texas
Trending in: News
- Summit County teen birth rate lowers due to state family planning initiative
- Eisenhower Tunnel superintendent Mike Salamon retires after 37 years
- Top 16 ways to get involved in Summit County this week
- Sage Kotsenburg chats about the Olympics, ESPYs and pro snowboarding’s future
- Lightning strikes prompt Colorado experts to dispell myths, urge caution