STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- The rise and fall of the A-frame in Summit County
- Body of missing Grand Junction teen found
- Week in Summit: Dillon gets first retail pot shop; two skier deaths at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Dillon Valley Elementary adds after-school language class for adults
- Widespread Panic to lure locals to New Orleans jazz fest