STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - A saddle bronc rider with ties to Wyoming and Colorado has died after the pickup he was driving rolled over near Rockdale, Texas.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports a memorial service for Travis Darling is planned Sunday at the University of Wyoming's Cliff and Martha Hansen Arena in Laramie, Wyo. Darling had won at least a share of 10 Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association saddle bronc riding titles. He grew up in Steamboat Springs but also lived in southwest Colorado, where he competed in rodeo and wrestling for Ignacio High School. He later earned a rodeo scholarship to Casper College in Wyoming.His mother, Barb Lynn, said Tuesday that her son had recently moved to Rockdale and was excited about a new job on a ranch.
- Facebook meets White Fang: Social media helps dog gone wild reunite with owner
- Longtime Summit County local Robert Brown found dead near Blue River home
- Summit County grocery delivery services are on the rise
- Breckenridge Creative Arts ignites inaugural Fire Arts Festival
- Teams chip away at Day 3 of International Snow Sculpture Championships