As the founder of the The Keystone Center in 1975 and previously the first executive director and chief operating officer of the Aspen Institute, I have long cared about the myriad of issues social, intellectual and political in nature that have shaped the mountain resort region's growth the past 50 years. I have known many leaders during my tenure in the mountains, and want to share my support for someone I find to be outstanding. State Representative Millie Hamner is a thoroughly professional and skilled public servant. Her experience as Summit County's superintendent of schools has been invaluable in her work supporting Colorado's children - particularly with passage of this year's literacy bill. She is a critical voice for forest health issues and is focused on economic development priorities for the western slope. Most importantly, she works to bring people together and rises above partisanship to work for the right solutions. I hope you will join me in supporting Millie Hamner with your vote.
- Flight for Life pilot Patrick Mahany dies in Frisco crash; two others injured
- Behind the scenes at Frisco's 4th of July fireworks show
- Celebrate Independence Day in Summit County with fireworks, live music
- Summit County remembers Flight for Life hero Patrick Mahany's service
- Video: Officials confirm one dead, two injured following Flight for Life crash in Frisco