The Summit County Caregiver and Memory Loss support group now meets the first Tuesday of every month at the Summit County Community and Senior Center, Frisco, at 1 p.m. and at Father Dyer Methodist Church, Breckenridge, 6:30 p.m. the same day. The group is a gathering of folks that care for loved ones at home, in facilities or from a distance. Participants share their successes and struggles and work together to find resources that benefit caregivers. Once a quarter there is an expert presentation on a relevant topic for the group. Drop in's are welcomed. This is a no-fee event sponsored by the Summit Seniors, the Council on Aging and the Colorado Alzheimer's Association. For details, call (970) 584-0311. Transportation can be arranged and some caregiver respite care is available with advance reservations.
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Littwin: The great pot shot
- Breckenridge man arrested in NY for gift-wrapped marijuana
- Pine beetle, women’s rights defined tenure of retiring Summit County forest manager
- Survivor of Stevens Pass avalanche to speak at Copper Mountain Resort safety clinic