The Summit County Caregiver and Memory Loss support group now meets the first Tuesday of every month at the Summit County Community and Senior Center, Frisco, at 1 p.m. and at Father Dyer Methodist Church, Breckenridge, 6:30 p.m. the same day. The group is a gathering of folks that care for loved ones at home, in facilities or from a distance. Participants share their successes and struggles and work together to find resources that benefit caregivers. Once a quarter there is an expert presentation on a relevant topic for the group. Drop in's are welcomed. This is a no-fee event sponsored by the Summit Seniors, the Council on Aging and the Colorado Alzheimer's Association. For details, call (970) 584-0311. Transportation can be arranged and some caregiver respite care is available with advance reservations.
- Leadville murder suspect named, armed and at-large
- Breckenridge town council considers extending marijuana moratorium
- Frisco begins final stretch of Main Street construction
- Wines of the Grand Valley: A tour through downtown Palisade
- Summit Medical Center invites children, stuffed animals to come for a checkup