The Summit County Caregiver and Memory Loss support group now meets the first Tuesday of every month at the Summit County Community and Senior Center, Frisco, at 1 p.m. and at Father Dyer Methodist Church, Breckenridge, 6:30 p.m. the same day. The group is a gathering of folks that care for loved ones at home, in facilities or from a distance. Participants share their successes and struggles and work together to find resources that benefit caregivers. Once a quarter there is an expert presentation on a relevant topic for the group. Drop in's are welcomed. This is a no-fee event sponsored by the Summit Seniors, the Council on Aging and the Colorado Alzheimer's Association. For details, call (970) 584-0311. Transportation can be arranged and some caregiver respite care is available with advance reservations.
- Nurse rushed in to aid 17-year-old cyclist hit by vehicle in Breckenridge Monday
- Summit County fire crews on scene to fight northern Colorado wildfire
- Summit County, Vail Resorts agree to bunks at employee housing in Keystone
- Human-bear conflicts near Keystone lead to campsite shutdowns
- Breckenridge group raises funds for ailing Team Summit member