Don't be fooled by the description of Amendment 64 on your ballot! For example "permitting a person 21 years of age or older to consume or possess limited amounts of marijuana.. .the first $40 million in revenue raised annually by such tax be credited to the public school capital construction assistance fund..". Maybe that sounds attractive to the young adult who prefers pot over alcohol or the noc-user who welcomes new ideas to increase state revenue. But read between the lines! If we vote ye and decriminalize marijuana we are in direct conflict with federal law. We can't afford to be the test case. The amendment continues, " requiring the general assembly to enact legislation governing the cultivation, processing, and sale of industrial hemp." How much is that going to cost the state? That's just the beginning. The real tragedy is the cost to our proud Colorado culture, i.e. our shared values, our families, environment and tourism industry. How do you put a price on that? Please vote no on Amendment 64.
Payne: Don't vote to legalize marijuana
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Independent review site compares multi-resort ski pass value
- Frisco Bay Marina liquidating rental boat fleet, equipment
- Breckenridge armed robbery suspect extended plea deal by district attorney
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle