Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that is getting into the Thanksgiving spirit - or jumping on the November bandwagon depending on whether or not you've had your coffee yet - by doing that thing where we list all the things for which we are thankful. Here goes: 1. We're thankful to have the real NFL refs back in the game. 2. We're thankful for snowmaking. 3. We're thankful the political ads' days are numbered. 4. We're thankful to have finally been promoted to the grown-ups table on Turkey Day. The booze is so much better up here. 5. We're thankful for our kids' unattended pillow cases of Halloween candy. 6. We're thankful for deep dish pizza. 7. We, like all the kids who used math class as naptime, are thankful for calculators. 8. We're thankful we have a roof over our heads when the Summit temps dip down during the night.9. We're thankful John Elway convinced Peyton Manning to come play for the Broncos. It sure is sweet having one the game's all-time greats suiting up for the home team.10. And last, but certainly not least, perhaps even the most, we're thankful that Tuesday is Election Day. That's all for today folks. Remember to vote, and be sure to pray for snow. Peace out.
- CMAS/PARCC State scores released
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Winter of 1898-'99 buries town under 20 feet of snow
- Mountain Wheels: Subaru BRZ, a true winter sports car?
- Affordable health care remains elusive for Summit County residents
- Mountain Town News: When terrorists try to assassinate billionaires