Breckenridge continues to celebrate opening day by hosting "Wake Up Breck," beginning at 7 a.m. today at participating Breckenridge coffee shops.As a part of the resort's annual promotion, coffee shops throughout Breck are giving away free coffee and exclusive mugs.Only 1,500 commemorative coffee mugs are available.The event begins at 7 a.m. and will continue as long as supplies last.Participating coffee shops include: Starbucks, Coffee Cart at City Market, Coffee Depot at Main St. Station, Kava Cafe, Daylight Donuts, Cool River Coffee House, Clint's Bakery & Coffee House and Cuppa Joe's."Only one mug will be allowed per person and are first come, first serve," said Alysa Hetze, spokeswoman for Breckenridge Ski Resort. "We expect them to go quickly, so set your alarms. We recommend arriving before the event start but want the event to be enjoyable for the locals and share our excitement for opening day."
- Breckenridge police blotter: Social media melee spooks bar owner
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- This week in Summit County history: Snowslide crashes into C&S Train
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Chalk Mountain trains youngsters who become early ski race champs
- A behind-the-scenes look at avalanche mitigation for Arapahoe Basin