If you're ready for spaghetti in Silverthorne, then Saturday's the day. The third annual Lake Dillon Preschool "Ready for Spaghetti" dinner starts at 5 p.m., serving up spaghetti, of course, along with meatballs, salad, Italian soda, cupcakes and cake. There will also be a balloon artist, face painter and, new this year, a bouncy house. Proceeds bolster Lake Dillon Preschool's operating budget.Centrally located in Dillon, Lake Dillon Preschool and Early Learning Center is easily accessible from Frisco, Silverthorne and Dillon, and is close to Keystone Resort and Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. It boasts "a modern building" and "incredible views of the surrounding mountains," and features six classrooms, a large communal playroom and three outdoor, age-specific playgrounds. Access to community resources like the Dillon Amphitheatre, Silverthorne Recreation Center and Summit Stage transportation are added bonuses. "Money obtained through these fundraisers helps Lake Dillon Preschool keep tuition down, which directly benefits the families and businesses in the community," said Myrth McDonald, co-chair of the board of directors' fundraising committee.Spaghetti is very delicious, especially while consumed when the eater is imbued with a sense of pride in taking part in the civic duty of supporting a good cause - so stop by Silverthorne Saturday for spaghetti.
Spaghetti dinner Saturday in Silverthorne
- PETA blasts town of Dillon for reindeer games gone awry during holiday event
- Dew Tour, a preamble to the Sochi Olympics, hits the slopes for sixth year in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge medical marijuana stores prepare for January retail sales
- Local photographer Nick Young’s work to be featured during Dew Tour in Breckenridge
- Mountain lion sighted roaming Vail Mountain