Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that's stoned. Maaaannn. OK, just kidding, we're not stoned. But we could be after Tuesday night, when the voters basically made it legal to do all the stuff everyone was already doing anyway. It's like Colorado just turned 21! But don't get too carried away. The Maui Wowi is still illegal under federal law and CU says they're still not on board with the 4/20 smoke out. ***Moving right along, here's a little Love Bird Alert!! Love Bird Alert!! coming from proud mama Karen Woodrow. "Karen Woodrow of Frisco & Joseph Woodrow of Albuquerque, N.M., joyfully announce the engagement of their daughter, Helena Angela Woodrow to David Robert Kinton, son of Thomas & Catherine Kinton of Fairport, N.Y. The future bride is a 2000 graduate of Summit High School and graduated from the University of New Mexico in 2005. She currently works for the Summit School District. The future groom is a 1999 graduate of Fairport High School. He graduated from Kettering University in 2003 and earned his master's degree from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs in 2008. He works as a project manager for Dell. The wedding is planned for June 2013 at Copper Mountain and the couple plan to reside in Frisco after returning from their honeymoon in Costa Rica."Congratulations to the happy couple! Well folks, that's about all we've got for you today. We out.
Summit Up 11-9-12: Wedding bells in the air
- PETA blasts town of Dillon for reindeer games gone awry during holiday event
- Dew Tour, a preamble to the Sochi Olympics, hits the slopes for sixth year in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge medical marijuana stores prepare for January retail sales
- Local photographer Nick Young’s work to be featured during Dew Tour in Breckenridge
- Mountain lion sighted roaming Vail Mountain