The board of education recognized top performing students at a meeting Tuesday. Surrounded by proud parents and grandparents, the students received certificates of achievement from the board. Benjamin Cottrell and Kaeli Subberwal, both 10th graders at Summit High School, received awards for achieving the highest score on the Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) test for math and reading, respectively. The following students were recognized for scoring in the 99th percentile on both reading and math on the NWEA test: Foster Krueger, fourth grade at Breckenridge Elementary; Jacob Lau, fifth grade at Silverthorne Elementary; Cole Sakata, third grade at Frisco Elementary; and Kaeli Subberwal, 10th grade at Summit High School.
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hopes for new terrain, lifts and zip lines
- USA Pro challenge cancels this year's Colo. bike race
- Summit County couple met as teens, reconnected 13 years later
- Man suspected in Aspen chairlift push arrested and charged with felony assault
- Fly Fishing Film Tour returns to Silverthorne for third year