The board of education recognized top performing students at a meeting Tuesday. Surrounded by proud parents and grandparents, the students received certificates of achievement from the board. Benjamin Cottrell and Kaeli Subberwal, both 10th graders at Summit High School, received awards for achieving the highest score on the Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) test for math and reading, respectively. The following students were recognized for scoring in the 99th percentile on both reading and math on the NWEA test: Foster Krueger, fourth grade at Breckenridge Elementary; Jacob Lau, fifth grade at Silverthorne Elementary; Cole Sakata, third grade at Frisco Elementary; and Kaeli Subberwal, 10th grade at Summit High School.
- BMF orchestra secures rising star
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- Summit County area locals forming ski mountaineering club
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names
- Summit County coroner Regan Wood loves her job, and the personal connections that come with it