IGNACIO - About 200 people searched without success for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine who was reported missing Monday.Volunteers spent time Saturday going door-to-door and handing out flyers in the Bayfield area where Dylan spent much of his time before moving to Colorado Springs.Saturday's search included members of La Plata Search & Rescue, three search dogs, the La Plata Mounted Patrol, and a helicopter. The searches will resume Sunday.The boy lives in Colorado Springs but was visiting his father in Vallecito on Thanksgiving break, according to the Durango Herald.La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender said Mark Redwine told investigators that he saw his son Monday about 7:30 a.m. The boy was gone when Redwine returned after running errands.The missing boy is 5 feet tall, 105 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white Duke Blue Devils baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt and black Jordan tennis shoes.He was picked up Sunday by his father at Durango-La Plata County Airport, his mother said Friday."Dylan wouldn't have left willingly," Elaine Redwine said during an interview at the home of a friend. "If there was any way to communicate he would have called."Elaine Redwine told the newspaper that she doubts her son would have gone into the woods."Dylan is a generational kid and tech savvy," Redwine said. "He wouldn't have gone off to the mountains to pitch a tent or build a fire."
- Leadville woman charged with first-degree murder after hitting boyfriend with car
- Mountain Wheels: Take your pick: Subaru Crosstrek vs. Impreza Sport
- Silverthorne gas station robbed, police search for suspect
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- 19th annual Bluegrass & Beer Festival comes to Keystone's River Run Village