Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
Summit Up 11-27-12: Where we're wearing our thermal socks to work
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle
- Summit County police blotter: Camper passes out on Montezuma Road, arrested for LSD possession
- New coworking alliance helps skiers balance work and play
- Summit County residents rally to organize event celebrating Blake Bostic’s life