Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Density of Frisco townhome development faces resistance
- Runaway truck flies up safety ramp off Interstate 70, driver unharmed
- 2008 Summit High School graduate returns home to teach at Snowy Peaks
- Dew Tour returns to Breckenridge Ski Resort for 2016
- Summit County police blotter: Drunk man helps himself to Which Wich chips