Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
Summit Up 11-27-12: Where we're wearing our thermal socks to work
Trending in: News
- New co-working space to open in Frisco this fall
- Browns Canyon closer to national monument status
- Breckenridge’s marijuana on Main Street debate to be settled by voters
- Breckenridge Beer Fest partners with HC3 to be a Zero Waste event
- Summit County's Bun in the Oven Bakery provides food allergy-friendly treats