Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Bread + Salt restaurant in Frisco remodels, adds lunch menu
- Longtime Summit County local Robert Brown found dead near Blue River home
- Frisco gives thumbs up to new marijuana shop by Holiday Inn
- Facebook meets White Fang: Social media helps dog gone wild reunite with owner
- Frisco mayor Gary Wilkinson apologizes to ski racers for marijuana jest