Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
Summit Up 11-27-12: Where we're wearing our thermal socks to work
Trending in: News
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Frisco Town Council discusses Main Street construction schedule
- Breckenridge fire department cleans up hazardous materials spill on Blue River
- Breckenridge activist Shannon Galpin to speak at Colorado Mountain College graduation
- Ask Eartha: Some advice for those considering a switch to a gluten-free diet