Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Frisco clinic becomes second in state with procedure recently approved by the FDA
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Resort to install upgrades this summer
- Breckenridge Creative Arts becomes independent nonprofit organization
- Injured or sick mountain lion put down in Carbondale
- Summit County boy builds bat houses for Eagle Scout project