Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
Summit Up 11-27-12: Where we're wearing our thermal socks to work
Trending in: News
- Liddick: Big government the cause, not the cure, of social unrest
- Former Silverthorne police chief makes ‘THC’ brownies
- Kenny Loggins, Wynonna Judd headline Copper Country
- Mountain Wheels: Mazda3 emphasizes the efficiency and the electronics
- Glamping: The art of glamorous camping from swanky tents to solar power