Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Mountain Wheels: Take your pick: Subaru Crosstrek vs. Impreza Sport
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- Leadville woman charged with first-degree murder after hitting boyfriend with car
- Silverthorne gas station robbed, police search for suspect
- 19th annual Bluegrass & Beer Festival comes to Keystone's River Run Village