Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Beachside in the backcountry
- New Frisco Elementary School principal emphasizes innovation in teaching
- Mobile bank bandit who hit Summit County gets 18 years in prison
- The bitter majesty of Ginnell Glacier slowly disappearing in Glacier National Park
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge