Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Summit County leaders mobilize to address alarming suicide, mental-health trends
- Dear Drewbie: What Mount Everest and a Phish concert teach us about life, travel and finding your comfort zone
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Judge rules chairlift pusher not guilty by reason of insanity