Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Breckenridge venue being sued by Summit County cancels all 2015 weddings
- Gluten-free cookbook author Carol Fenster releases new recipes, book
- Colorado resort towns worry over marijuana perception
- Gift Guide: Deck the halls with high-end technological gadgets
- Adopt an Angel program celebrates 20 years of giving toys to Summit County children in need