Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that wears its thermal socks to work. Yes, the weather's getting colder, but without snow to make up for it, we're starting to get cranky as we get chilly. However, we just learned about a scientific discovery of a colony of microbial bacteria that have been living, nay, thriving for millennia in a lake 60 feet below the surface of the ice in Antarctica. Now that's cold! Scientists think this may prove that life can exist on icy alien planets. Who knows, maybe we'll be visited by Plutonian ambassadors demanding a return to planet status. Until then, we'll be under the covers. We out.
- Breckenridge, Vail Resorts kick in funds to fast-track Highway 9 realignment
- Alleged machete attack victim testifies at trial
- Breckenridge, Vail Resorts lift-ticket tax agreement a study in compromise
- Copper Mountain Resort's Cider Circus offers tastings, entertainment
- Sport climbing for all abilities on Alpenglow Wall near Keystone