The European-inspired Breckenridge boutique, French Kiss, hosts a book signing and trunk show today from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Two Telluride-based women will present at the event, hosted by shop owner Anita Halpern. Author and blogger Maribeth Clemente will sign copies of her new book, "A Tour of the Heart: A Seductive Cycling Trip Through France." Part memoir and part love story, the romantic ode to France is told by "a proudly feminine and sophisticated travel writer" who is on the hunt for love and harmony with her cyclist boyfriend. The book centers on France, cycling, food and wine, the Tour de France and the life of a travel writer. "Maribeth is a first-rate tour guide," wrote The Associated Press.Clemente is joined by Mary Dawn DeBraie, who will present alpine goods from her European-style boutique, Alpen Schatz. La Franaise French Bakery of Breckenridge joins too, bringing treats. French Kiss is located at 226 S. Main St. For more info on Clemente and "A Tour of the Heart," read excerpts on her blog at www.bonjourcolorado.com. To preview DeBraie's alpine treasures, which include items for both people and pets, visit www.alpenschatz.com.
- Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Summit Middle School principal Joel Rivera focuses on relationship building
- Summit County agencies fully contain 238-acre fire north of Silverthorne
- Breckenridge photographer helps nonprofit provide menstrual hygiene resources in Kenya
- Copper Mountain Resort starts snowmaking for the 2015-16 season