The European-inspired Breckenridge boutique, French Kiss, hosts a book signing and trunk show today from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Two Telluride-based women will present at the event, hosted by shop owner Anita Halpern. Author and blogger Maribeth Clemente will sign copies of her new book, "A Tour of the Heart: A Seductive Cycling Trip Through France." Part memoir and part love story, the romantic ode to France is told by "a proudly feminine and sophisticated travel writer" who is on the hunt for love and harmony with her cyclist boyfriend. The book centers on France, cycling, food and wine, the Tour de France and the life of a travel writer. "Maribeth is a first-rate tour guide," wrote The Associated Press.Clemente is joined by Mary Dawn DeBraie, who will present alpine goods from her European-style boutique, Alpen Schatz. La Franaise French Bakery of Breckenridge joins too, bringing treats. French Kiss is located at 226 S. Main St. For more info on Clemente and "A Tour of the Heart," read excerpts on her blog at www.bonjourcolorado.com. To preview DeBraie's alpine treasures, which include items for both people and pets, visit www.alpenschatz.com.
- Box of WW2 grenades dropped off at Breckenridge fire station sparks evacuation
- Summit schools expect more than 3,500 students to enroll this year
- Take 5: The Mosquito-Tenmile Range Traverse with Nikki LaRochelle
- Breckenridge Hogfest celebrates bourbon and bacon with Tender Belly
- Kaiser Permanente welcomes new doctors at mountain clinics