The Silverthorne Pavilion hosts a ski and snowboard film premiere series starting tonight with Absinthe Films' "Resonance" and Matchstick Productions' "Superheroes of Stoke." This is the first winter film series to be held at the pavilion. "I tour in Alaska every spring and know several of the film companies and pros from my performances and helicopter skiing while up there," said Todd Anders Johnson, who is helping to put on the event with the Risan Project, an organization that raises awareness about climate change and global warming science."With our interest in climate issues and environmental sustainability, we have partnered with Planet Earth Clothing, which uses organic cotton and recycled fabrics; Swany and their new eco-line of gloves and Alaska Brewing, which has a number of sustainability initiatives," Johnson said. The entry fee is $5 and there will be door prizes and raffle items from Alaskan Brewing Company, Swany, Planet Earth Clothing, Vail Powder Guides, Unity Snowboards and Able Planet. A portion of the proceeds will go to Friends of the Colorado Avalanche Information Center. Following the films there is an official after-party at Murphy's Irish Pub with drink specials and music. The second and final premiere in the series takes place Dec. 6 and features Level 1's "Sunny" and Standard Films' "2112."
Silverthorne Pavilion hosts new winter film series
Trending in: News
- Summit County police blotter: Vail Resorts employee crashes his boss’ brand new Porsche
- Peak School expands with new head of school, more students, renovated building
- Summit County resident and author of cannabis cookbook uses marijuana as a healing tool
- Breckenridge parking survey provides insight into visitor behavior
- Frisco local Doug Masiuk will run the Appalachian Trail for diabetes awareness