Susan Brown's column of the 26th with Obama giving up the Second Amendment to the United Nations is an example of extreme demagoguery. Saying something that is not true to inflame the gun lobby that always needs a liberal target to hate. There is as much a chance of the UN exercising sovereignty over the United States as there is of Ms. Brown being appointed Queen of England.Those of us who would like to control massive ammunition clips, assault weapons and other non-hunting and non-protection weapons will have to wait for a complete change in the electorate. Meanwhile, no Democrat who wants to continue in office will risk offending the NRA.Ted Thomas, Breckenridge
Thomas: Brown's column an example of extreme demagoguery
Trending in: News
- Frisco local Doug Masiuk will run the Appalachian Trail for diabetes awareness
- Summit County police blotter: Vail Resorts employee crashes his boss’ brand new Porsche
- Breckenridge parking survey provides insight into visitor behavior
- Peak School expands with new head of school, more students, renovated building
- As states legalize marijuana, will traffic deaths rise?