This is to inform the residents of Dillon and Summit County that it is the intent of the Advocates for Victims of Assault, Inc. to request funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Housing Service. The funds are to be used for the acquisition of a new shelter and office. This a public meeting notice that is intended to give the citizenry an opportunity to become acquainted with the proposed project to comment on such items as economic and environmental impact, service area, and alternatives to the project or any other issues. The public meeting is to be held on Dec. 11, at 3 p.m. at 610 Main St. Suite 14 in Frisco. Public notices have been posted at this location. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Amy Jackson, executive director at (970) 668-3906.
- Jury finds Vanmatre guilty of attempted second-degree murder, six other charges
- Summit County chipping program challenged by shuttered biomass plant
- Machete attack trial: Court awaits jury verdict on attempted murder charges
- Breckenridge woman remembered following fatal hit-and-run crash
- Editor's picks: Summit County's best bets for Labor Day weekend