Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column that's jammin' to holiday tunes. Ever since learning that mice can actually sing (albeit at a pitch too high for human ears), we've been less skeptical of the practicality of that song by Alvin and the Chipmunks, though after the fifth run-through over the store speakers, we wish they were mice instead. Singing "Silent Night," perhaps? We out.
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Winter of 1898-'99 buries town under 20 feet of snow
- Mountain Wheels: Subaru BRZ, a true winter sports car?
- Colorado gold rush history: Nov. 30 to Dec. 4, 1915
- Book review: "Oil And Honey; The Education Of An Unlikely Activist," by Bill McKibben
- Breckenridge tour guide June Walters helps history come alive