The Associated Press
Aspen, CO Colorado

Back to: News
December 9, 2012
Follow News

4 people sickened after dog vomits toxic chemical

EDWARDS, Colo. - Four people at an Edwards veterinary clinic were hospitalized after a dog that ingested what was likely rat poison vomited, filling the clinic with toxic fumes.

The Vail Daily reports the dog vomited the chemical after being brought into the Vail Valley Animal Hospital on Friday. A news release from the Eagle River Fire Protection District says three people in the room showed signs of "respiratory distress" and were taken to a hospital for treatment. A fourth person who may have been exposed was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The dog later died.


Explore Related Articles

The Summit Daily Updated Dec 9, 2012 09:33AM Published Dec 9, 2012 09:33AM Copyright 2012 The Summit Daily. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.