KD Kaiser, director of marketing at Holiday Inn Summit County, handed a $500 check to local resident and Susan G. Komen for the Cure representative Joan Davids on Monday. The money was a result of an online fundraising campaign, which will continue through March 3, the weekend of the annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer event held in Frisco. The Romp to Stomp is a snowshoeing event that raises money for breast cancer research. "If everybody does a little bit, it can make a huge difference," Davids said. "(For Holiday Inn) to go this extra mile is fantastic."
- Winter will bring more plowing, metering on I-70
- Breckenridge increases parking fines for time-limit violators
- Forest Service OKs ziplines, alpine coasters on Vail Mountain
- Colorado hiker rescued after fall off Mt. Royal in Frisco
- Summit County marks milestone as Pennsylvania Mine receives one of two pollution-preventing plugs