KD Kaiser, director of marketing at Holiday Inn Summit County, handed a $500 check to local resident and Susan G. Komen for the Cure representative Joan Davids on Monday. The money was a result of an online fundraising campaign, which will continue through March 3, the weekend of the annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer event held in Frisco. The Romp to Stomp is a snowshoeing event that raises money for breast cancer research. "If everybody does a little bit, it can make a huge difference," Davids said. "(For Holiday Inn) to go this extra mile is fantastic."
- Breckenridge Mountain Lodge demolished in prep for Marriott Residence Inn
- Science of Food: Simplifying sugars, the good and the bad
- Homes evacuated after car crash creates gas leak in Silverthorne neighborhood
- Summit County murder-suicide autopsy report released in July
- Colorado's water plan: an end to mega projects?