KD Kaiser, director of marketing at Holiday Inn Summit County, handed a $500 check to local resident and Susan G. Komen for the Cure representative Joan Davids on Monday. The money was a result of an online fundraising campaign, which will continue through March 3, the weekend of the annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer event held in Frisco. The Romp to Stomp is a snowshoeing event that raises money for breast cancer research. "If everybody does a little bit, it can make a huge difference," Davids said. "(For Holiday Inn) to go this extra mile is fantastic."
- 2nd skier dies at Breckenridge Ski Resort in four days
- Ski Tip Lodge in Keystone ranked No. 6 in country by OpenTable diners
- Avery Brewing Co. opens new brewery in Boulder, expands Summit beer options
- Westbound I-70 at Vail Pass closed due to accident
- University of Colorado student dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort