KD Kaiser, director of marketing at Holiday Inn Summit County, handed a $500 check to local resident and Susan G. Komen for the Cure representative Joan Davids on Monday. The money was a result of an online fundraising campaign, which will continue through March 3, the weekend of the annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer event held in Frisco. The Romp to Stomp is a snowshoeing event that raises money for breast cancer research. "If everybody does a little bit, it can make a huge difference," Davids said. "(For Holiday Inn) to go this extra mile is fantastic."
- Mountain Town News: Whistler to make snow for glacier
- Breckenridge man pleads guilty to attempted murder of 14-year-old girl
- Snowy Peaks High School switches to blended-learning model
- Parachute parents arrested in killing of infant daughter
- SOS Outreach, a nonprofit for at-risk youth, offers summer programming