KD Kaiser, director of marketing at Holiday Inn Summit County, handed a $500 check to local resident and Susan G. Komen for the Cure representative Joan Davids on Monday. The money was a result of an online fundraising campaign, which will continue through March 3, the weekend of the annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer event held in Frisco. The Romp to Stomp is a snowshoeing event that raises money for breast cancer research. "If everybody does a little bit, it can make a huge difference," Davids said. "(For Holiday Inn) to go this extra mile is fantastic."
- Snow, fire, rocks — I-70 closes every 2.4 days west of Denver
- Summit High recognizes top-5 scholars as graduation nears
- Video and Slideshow: Crews prepare Independence Pass for Thursday opening
- $350K grant aims to make Summit Cove bike, pedestrian friendly
- Colorado's news roundup: Independence Pass to open this week (05.23.16)