KD Kaiser, director of marketing at Holiday Inn Summit County, handed a $500 check to local resident and Susan G. Komen for the Cure representative Joan Davids on Monday. The money was a result of an online fundraising campaign, which will continue through March 3, the weekend of the annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer event held in Frisco. The Romp to Stomp is a snowshoeing event that raises money for breast cancer research. "If everybody does a little bit, it can make a huge difference," Davids said. "(For Holiday Inn) to go this extra mile is fantastic."
Frisco's Holiday Inn donates $500 to breast cancer research
- Going gluten-free popular, but comes with pitfalls
- After the kill, Part 2: Beetle epidemic presents challenges for logging industry
- Colorado Body Tech Breckenridge laser treatments put customers on fat-burning fast track
- Summit County Jail deputies recognized for efforts to save life of suicidal inmate
- Writers on the Range: After South Dakota’s deadly whiteout, a look at blizzards past