The Summit Middle School speech and debate team recently completed its first official tournament of the season. The participants ranked highly throughout the competition, and were recognized at Tuesday's Board of Education meeting. Surrounded by the applause of supportive family and friends, the following winners were announced: Drama Interpretation: Katie Mason - 1st place; Humor Interpretation: Ryan Davidson - 2nd place; Public Forum Debate: Tye Brown-Wolf and Grant Morgan - 6th place; Impromptu Speaking: Abi Whinston - 4th place, Willow Cline - 3rd place; Duo Interpretation: Amber Walsh and Calliope Cortright - 4th place, Katie Mason and Keelie Rix - 3rd place, Ella Piecoup and Lily Walker - 2nd place and Holly Santman and Abby Charneskie - 1st place.
- Summit County denies appeal on Tiger Road rock crushing operations
- Breckenridge town council considers extending marijuana moratorium
- Whitewater season arrives in Colorado with rafting in Browns Canyon, Upper Colorado River
- Despite sparse snow, February revenues jump in Summit County
- Take 5: Interview with U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame rower Peggy Bailey