The Summit Middle School speech and debate team recently completed its first official tournament of the season. The participants ranked highly throughout the competition, and were recognized at Tuesday's Board of Education meeting. Surrounded by the applause of supportive family and friends, the following winners were announced: Drama Interpretation: Katie Mason - 1st place; Humor Interpretation: Ryan Davidson - 2nd place; Public Forum Debate: Tye Brown-Wolf and Grant Morgan - 6th place; Impromptu Speaking: Abi Whinston - 4th place, Willow Cline - 3rd place; Duo Interpretation: Amber Walsh and Calliope Cortright - 4th place, Katie Mason and Keelie Rix - 3rd place, Ella Piecoup and Lily Walker - 2nd place and Holly Santman and Abby Charneskie - 1st place.
- Wind Sprints: On blasphemy and brisket (editor column)
- Mountain Town News: Will wolves ever yip & growl in Colorado?
- Silverthorne Storm Gymnastics pairs young, talented locals with veteran coaches (photos and video)
- Breckenridge breaks ground on one housing project, cuts the ribbon on another
- Mountain Wheels: Affordable Jaguars – including a new SUV – seek to broaden appeal