The Summit Middle School speech and debate team recently completed its first official tournament of the season. The participants ranked highly throughout the competition, and were recognized at Tuesday's Board of Education meeting. Surrounded by the applause of supportive family and friends, the following winners were announced: Drama Interpretation: Katie Mason - 1st place; Humor Interpretation: Ryan Davidson - 2nd place; Public Forum Debate: Tye Brown-Wolf and Grant Morgan - 6th place; Impromptu Speaking: Abi Whinston - 4th place, Willow Cline - 3rd place; Duo Interpretation: Amber Walsh and Calliope Cortright - 4th place, Katie Mason and Keelie Rix - 3rd place, Ella Piecoup and Lily Walker - 2nd place and Holly Santman and Abby Charneskie - 1st place.
- Summit County resort report: Breckenridge, Copper Mountain plan for more terrain for holiday weekend
- Summit County Rotary Club continues tradition of community Thanksgiving dinner
- Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
- Utah trucker found dead on Vail Pass
- Proposed rule would allow ski resorts to charge an ‘uphill’ fee