The 2012 Suds n' Ski Tour, a showcase of niche telemark skiers, is coming tonight to Breckenridge's three20south. According to athletes, the world of telemark skiing - especially in the park - is relatively small. "For the last few years, I've heard stories about and seen edits of a handful of telemark shredders out there," said Ty Dayberry, a telemark skier sponsored by K2 Skis. "I've even been in contact with a few of them from time to time, but you don't often get a group of them to congregate at the same time and place."Dayberry said the film "Let's Go!" is a showcase of who's who in the world of telemark park skiing."This movie is an awesome display of some of the best talent in this genre of winter sports," Dayberry said.The tour also includes live music by the high-energy country band, Lorin Walker Madsen & The Hustlers. Tickets are $5 and the event is all ages."We combine old-time country with a modern-style delivery," said Madsen, an avid telemark skier and lead singer of the tour's headlining group. "If you like that old-time feel of a pedal steel guitar and foot-stomping tunes, you'll have a great time.""Let's Go!" introduces viewers to the Telemark Skier Crew, a group of free-heel skiers in search of the perfect turn. "'Let's Go!' brings you into our world of living on the road and searching for the best telemark turns on the planet," Madsen says. "We found powder in Norway and filmed the first-ever double cork 1080 on telemark skis - it was an amazing year."
Top telemarkers movie tour stops at Breckenridge's three20south
Trending in: News
- Bitter Summit County eminent domain dispute ends with $115,000 settlement
- Suspect identified in Frisco motel death; victim's injuries consistent with a fight, coroner says
- Deadly Frisco motel incident could result in homicide charges, DA says
- Nonprofit rehabilitates disabled military personnel and veterans through fishing
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado