You can call this the Lindstrom philosophy. You have to have a license to drive. You must pass a test to drive. You must have car insurance. You must register your car. How about if we require all gun owners to register as a gun owner. They should have to register all of their guns. They must pass a background investigation and a gun safety class. A test. If you buy a gun either from a dealer or a private sale you must both have a background investigation. The same thing goes for the seller. Each gun. Each transaction. Each seller. Each buyer. The original intent of the Second Amendment was to have every person be able to have a gun in their house to be used to overthrow the government. They put it in there to prevent having bad government. Not so some drunk can put a gun in his or her pants and use it to shoot people in the local bar or elementary school. I would never say that people cannot drive or own a car as long as they comply with the law. The same should be true with guns.
- After the kill, Part 2: Beetle epidemic presents challenges for logging industry
- Lindsey Vonn races at Lake Louise World Cup downhill 10 months after tearing knee
- World Cup at Beaver Creek: Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal wins men’s downhill
- Dillon Town Council reopens retail marijuana tax, regulation debate
- Summit County Jail deputies recognized for efforts to save life of suicidal inmate