My friend Annie and I are two of those bell ringers who create the "infernal racket" at Walmart throughout December. While freezing our toes off on Thursday night we encountered the gentleman you wrote about in your Dec. 21 Summit Up article. We were amazed by his generosity when we found out he was looking for families to hand out the gift cards to. Whoever he is, he deserves a lot of good karma and Annie and I send him the best wishes for his holiday and New Year's and want him to know we are in awe of his generosity! People like him are the reason people say it's a magical time of year!
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Winter of 1898-'99 buries town under 20 feet of snow
- Mountain Wheels: Subaru BRZ, a true winter sports car?
- Colorado gold rush history: Nov. 30 to Dec. 4, 1915
- Book review: "Oil And Honey; The Education Of An Unlikely Activist," by Bill McKibben
- Breckenridge tour guide June Walters helps history come alive