The Summit County Cares holiday fundraising campaign has raised $40,000 so far, leaving $10,000 to go to reach its goal. Summit County Cares is the county's largest emergency assistance fund and goes to help people facing eviction, those who've had their heat disconnected or are in need of medical care. The campaign ends on Monday. Donations can be made through the Summit Foundation either by mail-in check or online at www.summitfoundation.org.
- Record-breaking pay parking revenue in Breck
- Private-land camping startups offer alternative to public lands
- Local mountain bike racer killed in Crested Butte crash
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- Summit County's Amy Purdy makes Super Bowl debut in Toyota ad