The Summit County Cares holiday fundraising campaign has raised $40,000 so far, leaving $10,000 to go to reach its goal. Summit County Cares is the county's largest emergency assistance fund and goes to help people facing eviction, those who've had their heat disconnected or are in need of medical care. The campaign ends on Monday. Donations can be made through the Summit Foundation either by mail-in check or online at www.summitfoundation.org.
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Breckenridge police blotter: Craigslist ad fraud ruins woman's birthday ski trip
- Mix of reduced budgets and swelling demands hurt forest service's capabilities
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- The Limelight: Reigning Bull of the Woods champ Matt Coughlin