The Summit County Cares holiday fundraising campaign has raised $40,000 so far, leaving $10,000 to go to reach its goal. Summit County Cares is the county's largest emergency assistance fund and goes to help people facing eviction, those who've had their heat disconnected or are in need of medical care. The campaign ends on Monday. Donations can be made through the Summit Foundation either by mail-in check or online at www.summitfoundation.org.
- Frisco clinic becomes second in state with procedure recently approved by the FDA
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Resort to install upgrades this summer
- Breckenridge Creative Arts becomes independent nonprofit organization
- Injured or sick mountain lion put down in Carbondale
- Summit County boy builds bat houses for Eagle Scout project