The Summit County Cares holiday fundraising campaign has raised $40,000 so far, leaving $10,000 to go to reach its goal. Summit County Cares is the county's largest emergency assistance fund and goes to help people facing eviction, those who've had their heat disconnected or are in need of medical care. The campaign ends on Monday. Donations can be made through the Summit Foundation either by mail-in check or online at www.summitfoundation.org.
- High Gear: Shimano Deore XT components
- Machete attack trial: Detective addresses concerns with Vanmatre's recorded interview
- Machete attack trial: 'Batman voice,' throwing knives and lost money
- Forest Service hosts Peruvian officials to learn natural resource management
- Colorado high school mountain bike season debuts in Frisco Aug. 29-30