The Summit County Cares holiday fundraising campaign has raised $40,000 so far, leaving $10,000 to go to reach its goal. Summit County Cares is the county's largest emergency assistance fund and goes to help people facing eviction, those who've had their heat disconnected or are in need of medical care. The campaign ends on Monday. Donations can be made through the Summit Foundation either by mail-in check or online at www.summitfoundation.org.
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Bear wrangled to safety after getting Cheese Balls container stuck on head
- Summit Daily editor's column: End the silence around suicide
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Life On Two Wheels: Around the world with Christina McGrath of Swell Fit Living