The Summit County Cares holiday fundraising campaign has raised $40,000 so far, leaving $10,000 to go to reach its goal. Summit County Cares is the county's largest emergency assistance fund and goes to help people facing eviction, those who've had their heat disconnected or are in need of medical care. The campaign ends on Monday. Donations can be made through the Summit Foundation either by mail-in check or online at www.summitfoundation.org.
- Mountain Town News: Diverting food from landfill to composting
- New tour presents ghosts of Breckenridge, without standing in the cold
- The Summit Foundation announces winners of 24th annual Philanthropy Awards
- BMF orchestra secures rising star
- The fido files: A three-legged dog tale looking at bites, euthanasia and names