The American Red Cross is seeking skilled communications volunteers to utilize their skills in helping the Red Cross in Grand Junction, Montrose, Eagle, Pitkin, Routt and Summit counties. Volunteers may serve in one or multiple roles, depending upon skills and availability. Open positions include: disaster public affairs, serving on-call several days a month to provide public information and media outreach during local disasters; digital engagement, contributing to the Red Cross blog and supporting daily operations of local social media; and storytelling, taking photos and interviewing clients, volunteers and heroes to capture their stories in writing, video or photo. Prospective volunteers should have excellent writing and communication skills, solid computer and social media skills and be willing to commit for at least one year. If interested, email your resume to Patricia.Billinger@redcross.org.
- Silverthorne council member Jonathan Bird dies
- Sky Wodraska's arrest affidavit unsealed in case of brutal Breckenridge attack
- Grateful Ed returns to Arapahoe Basin Ski Area's Enduro for 26th year in a row
- Sommelier Paul Yanon gives cannabis users a primer on weed and wine pairings
- Reel Big Fish with opening act P-Nuckle headline Copper Sunsation