"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Record-breaking pay parking revenue in Breck
- Private-land camping startups offer alternative to public lands
- Local mountain bike racer killed in Crested Butte crash
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- Summit County's Amy Purdy makes Super Bowl debut in Toyota ad