"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Summit County police blotter: Broken glass at the Breckenridge yo-yo store
- Summit Foundation hosts 25th Annual Philanthropy Awards
- Work It Out: The post-Thanksgiving ski workout
- On The Hill: A51 terrain park is open for business at Keystone (video)
- Take 5: All-star Nordic siblings Tucker and Taeler McCrerey