"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- $350K grant aims to make Summit Cove bike, pedestrian friendly
- Dear Drewbie: Drew and Molly Mikita in Nepal for the Everest Marathon May 29
- Summit High recognizes top-5 scholars as graduation nears
- Colorado's news roundup: Independence Pass to open this week (05.23.16)
- Endless adventure mountain biking from Telluride to Moab on multi-day hut trip