"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Summit County restaurants offer alternatives to cooking for Christmas
- ‘Like the Wild West’: Breck celebrates 30 years of snowboarding
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- On the Hill: A Sunday winter storm means free refills at Breckenridge
- Mountain Town News: Granby annexes land to avoid cannabis sales