"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- After the kill, Part 2: Beetle epidemic presents challenges for logging industry
- Lindsey Vonn races at Lake Louise World Cup downhill 10 months after tearing knee
- World Cup at Beaver Creek: Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal wins men’s downhill
- Dillon Town Council reopens retail marijuana tax, regulation debate
- Summit County Jail deputies recognized for efforts to save life of suicidal inmate