"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Mountain Town News: Whistler to make snow for glacier
- Breckenridge man pleads guilty to attempted murder of 14-year-old girl
- Snowy Peaks High School switches to blended-learning model
- Silverthorne named top destination for vacation that won't break the bank
- SOS Outreach, a nonprofit for at-risk youth, offers summer programming