"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Toxicology report released following Keystone marijuana suicide
- Mountain Town News: Now that pot's legal in Colorado, who's next?
- Zooted-out Subaru BRZ Series.Blue accentuates some simple fun
- Bob Girvin of Beaver Run Resort bids farewell after 40 years
- Promising backcountry avalanche forecast due to spring snowpack