"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Breckenridge, Vail Resorts kick in funds to fast-track Highway 9 realignment
- Alleged machete attack victim testifies at trial
- Breckenridge, Vail Resorts lift-ticket tax agreement a study in compromise
- Copper Mountain Resort's Cider Circus offers tastings, entertainment
- Sport climbing for all abilities on Alpenglow Wall near Keystone