"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
Rockabilly cowpunk at The Motherloaded tonight
Trending in: News
- Breckenridge Nordic Center donates ski lodge to Lakota reservation
- USA Pro Challenge bolsters Breckenridge’s bike town brand
- Retail marijuana moratorium lifted in Dillon with 5-1 town council vote
- Bell: With marijuana-on-Main issue, Breckenridge playing with fire
- Pro Challenge builds connections between cycling, community