"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Summit County Rescue Group saves hiker who fell near Keller Mountain
- Breckenridge Brewery maintains identity after beer behemoth buyout
- Bear wrangled to safety after getting Cheese Balls container stuck on head
- Breckenridge takes the call on parking survey initiated by ski resort
- Specially trained dogs played important role in North Pond recovery