"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- A son's Summit County heroin overdose spurs mother to speak out
- Mix of reduced budgets and swelling demands hurt forest service's capabilities
- The Limelight: Reigning Bull of the Woods champ Matt Coughlin
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- Bull of the Woods debuts at Carter Park with public banked slalom course