"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Potential increase in year-round resort workforce may add to county's housing woes
- Summit County couple met as teens, reconnected 13 years later
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hopes for new terrain, lifts and zip lines
- Two Summit County entrepreneurs honored for creativity, leadership