"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Breckenridge fifth-grader skis at 20 Colorado resorts with free pass
- Powder Keg Brewing Brief: News you need to know from the craft beer world
- Summit County group petitions for halt of Ophir Mountain clear-cutting
- Maryland Creek Ranch property in Silverthorne sees first round of changes
- Summit County ski areas' season snowfall lags behind averages