"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
Rockabilly cowpunk at The Motherloaded tonight
Trending in: News
- Independent review site compares multi-resort ski pass value
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Breckenridge photographer’s wilderness photo chosen for display in Smithsonian museum in D.C.
- Colorado, Washington city managers offer their experience of marijuana on Main
- Breckenridge sign ordinance fails on second reading