"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Breckenridge photographer helps nonprofit provide menstrual hygiene resources in Kenya
- Summit County agencies fully contain 238-acre fire north of Silverthorne
- Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Breckenridge massage therapist pleads guilty to unlawful sexual conduct
- Surviving Summit: Hip strengthening exercises for ski season