"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Skiers catch last turns at Loveland Ski Area Sunday: A-Basin remains open
- Silverthorne town councilman Jon Bird was a pilot, angler and selfless father
- Senegalese men among Summit County's Colorado Mountain College graduates
- Prosecutor in Summit County machete attack case pushes for stiffer charges
- Frisco luthier Bevan Frost crafts custom guitars