"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Beachside in the backcountry
- New Frisco Elementary School principal emphasizes innovation in teaching
- Mobile bank bandit who hit Summit County gets 18 years in prison
- The bitter majesty of Ginnell Glacier slowly disappearing in Glacier National Park
- Hike leads kids along fairy forest trail in Breckenridge