"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Car rental startup finds success in first month at Denver International Airport
- Silverthorne 'pain doctor' sentenced to 15 years for narcotic distribution
- Summit County golf courses tee up for season
- Skiers catch last turns at Loveland Ski Area Sunday: A-Basin remains open
- Prosecutor in Summit County machete attack case pushes for stiffer charges