"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Summit County leaders mobilize to address alarming suicide, mental-health trends
- Abandoned wreckage of two Jeeps near Crystal irks Forest Service
- Breckenridge's Swan River restoration project rises to $2.4 million
- Take 5: Max Bonenberger, 14-year-old ultra runner and Silver Rush 50 finisher
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte