"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
Rockabilly cowpunk at The Motherloaded tonight
- PETA blasts town of Dillon for reindeer games gone awry during holiday event
- Dew Tour, a preamble to the Sochi Olympics, hits the slopes for sixth year in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge medical marijuana stores prepare for January retail sales
- Local photographer Nick Young’s work to be featured during Dew Tour in Breckenridge
- Mountain lion sighted roaming Vail Mountain