"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Arapahoe Basin extends the Colorado ski season to June 14 after wintry May
- We need to talk about suicide in Summit (column)
- Controversial Maryland Creek Ranch proposal passes on first reading
- Lake Dillon Fire approves construction of Verizon tower in Summit Cove
- Summit County hosts more than 2 dozen trail, road and triathlon races this summer