"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Eyewitness of North Pond drowning reflects on suicide and healing (column)
- Colorado wolf advocates, wildlife managers again feud over reintroduction
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Dear Drewbie: What Mount Everest and a Phish concert teach us about life, travel and finding your comfort zone