"No slow songs ever." That's what lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Poke Keithley promises of a Universally Famous Rocket Surgeons show, taking place tonight at The Motherloaded Tavern, 103 S. Main St. in Breckenridge. The Breck-based band is into "drinkin', rockin' and dancin', according to their Facebook page. Keithley describes the group's sound as "rockabilly cowpunk," citing Sun Records, Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat as inspiration. The last time the group played The Motherloaded, Brett Lomoro's bass "crumbled into a pile of kindling wood during the last song," Keithley said. The group is recording its next five shows for an upcoming "Live" disc. The show starts at 10 p.m. and there's no cover.
- The rise and fall of the A-frame in Summit County
- Body of missing Grand Junction teen found
- Week in Summit: Dillon gets first retail pot shop; two skier deaths at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Dillon Valley Elementary adds after-school language class for adults
- Widespread Panic to lure locals to New Orleans jazz fest