STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- Who causes the nightmare on Interstate 70? Tourists, truckers or CDOT?
- Profile: Aaron Landau is betting that Summit County can lure professionals with a balance of quality work and lifestyle
- Summit County police blotter: Camper passes out on Montezuma Road, arrested for LSD possession
- New coworking alliance helps skiers balance work and play
- Summit County residents rally to organize event celebrating Blake Bostic’s life