STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Silverthorne town councilman Jon Bird was a pilot, angler and selfless father
- Frisco luthier Bevan Frost crafts custom guitars
- Summit County locals send aid to remote Nepalese villages after April 25 quake
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day