STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- Summit County workforce housing bill signed by President Obama
- La Maratona Verticale challenges runners at Copper Mountain
- Summit County Rescue Group cautions summer hikers: Be prepared
- Summit County pediatrician explores health effects of altitude on children
- Jackie Moberly, longtime face of the Summit Daily News, retires after 20 years