STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Obituary: Aaron Michael Lee Anderson
- Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival: A supply and demand debate
- Study seeks to surveil growing Summit County moose population
- On the ballot: The genetically modified food fight
- Twitter maps show Summit as only county in Colorado to favor Seattle Seahawks over Broncos