STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Four-hour stand-off with armed man near Frisco ends with peaceful surrender
- Facebook meets White Fang: Social media reunites lost Colorado husky with owner
- Longtime Summit County local Robert Brown found dead near Blue River home
- Mountain Wheels: Improved Subaru Outback grows on the inside
- Summit County grocery delivery services are on the rise