STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Flight for Life pilot Patrick Mahany dies in Frisco crash; two others injured
- Simple tricks for reducing Colorado energy bills
- Celebrate Independence Day in Summit County with fireworks, live music
- Video: Officials confirm one dead, two injured following Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Colorado's rainbow trout population once again breeding in the wild