STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Summit County remembers Flight for Life hero Patrick Mahany's service
- Flight for Life pilot Patrick Mahany dies in Frisco crash; two others injured
- Mountain Town News: Armed protestors take protest to newspaper
- National Transportation Safety Board to lead investigation of fatal Flight for Life crash near Frisco
- Colorado Flight for Life helicopter crash survivors identified