STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- UPDATE: Brush Creek fire near Heeney laid down
- Frisco helicopter crash responders, other Summit County heroes honored
- Brush Creek wildfire continues to burn
- New Frisco restaurant Tavern West focuses on local, all-natural ingredients
- BREAKING: Charles Sattler found not guilty on all counts in Blake Bostic's death