STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- High Country News: The 21st century’s Hoover Dam?
- Summit County marks milestone as Pennsylvania Mine receives one of two pollution-preventing plugs
- Winter will bring more plowing, metering on I-70
- US Ski Team, USSA exploring new options for supporting athletes
- Social Summit: Catching the first turns of the season at A-Basin