STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- Littwin: Committed to winning the war on terror, in the same old way
- Four-year-old Breckenridge girl bravely faces amputation, chemotherapy
- Earthly Idea: Fracking and natural gas a dangerous addiction
- Dancing with the Mountain Stars fundraiser pairs local celebrities with dancing pros
- Summit Climbing Gym in Silverthorne succeeds as co-op after initial failure