STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- Jane Peterson is the next president and CEO of Keystone Symposia
- Summit County police blotter: Dillon parking dispute ignites stickergate scandal
- Continental Divide Land Trust gets new conservation easement in Lower Blue River Valley
- Rocky Mountain Marijuana Part 1: High Country towns learn live with retail culture
- As US states allow pot sales, Dutch reverse course