STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- New Frisco ordinance would ban aggressive panhandling
- Simple snacks to keep you energized on hikes and overnights this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day in Summit County with fireworks, live music
- Breckenridge Creative Arts adds new Street Arts Festival to Fourth of July lineup
- Camping in Summit is best when you bring a chef, Boy Scout, gear junkie and jester