STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- New co-working space to open in Frisco this fall
- Summit County Rescue Group responds to three incidents on Quandary Peak
- Breckenridge’s marijuana on Main Street debate to be settled by voters
- Browns Canyon closer to national monument status
- Summit County's Bun in the Oven Bakery provides food allergy-friendly treats