STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Breckenridge crepe cart owner shares the secret for the perfect pancake
- Mountain Town News: Will wolves ever yip & growl in Colorado?
- Mountain Wheels: Affordable Jaguars – including a new SUV – seek to broaden appeal
- Summit County organizations host sesquicentennial celebration of a summer trip on Ute Pass
- Hike Summit: A snowy June trip on Wheeler Trail in Breckenridge