STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Frisco clinic becomes second in state with procedure recently approved by the FDA
- Breckenridge Creative Arts becomes independent nonprofit organization
- Frisco gives thumbs up to new marijuana shop by Holiday Inn
- Summit County boy builds bat houses for Eagle Scout project
- Frisco mayor Gary Wilkinson apologizes to ski racers for marijuana jest