STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Colorado’s ‘Make My Day’ law invoked in Summit County murder case
- The Summit Foundation announces winners of 24th annual Philanthropy Awards
- Obituary: Asher Herman Brody
- Gordman: With marijuana on Main, Breckenridge gets risk but no reward
- Summit County Cares kicks off holiday campaign to raise money for FIRC