STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Arts and entertainment briefs from Summit County and beyond
- Stuck in the mud: Things to do in Summit County before the snow flies
- Social Summit: Wine in the Pines in Keystone raises thousands of dollars
- Grand Tasting is highlight of Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival
- Where to skimp, where to splurge: Shop like a gearhound for winter