STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- Keeping Tabs: Death of longtime Frisco resident Scott Ponds shocks community
- Summit High Sports Wrap-up: Soccer and rugby keep rolling
- Not thinking about sepsis? Neither is your doctor
- Summit School District increases outreach to Spanish-speaking families
- Breckenridge massage therapist arrested on suspicion of unlawful sexual contact