STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
Steamboat ski lift chair slips with 2 on board
Trending in: News
- Summit County teen birth rate lowers due to state family planning initiative
- Eisenhower Tunnel superintendent Mike Salamon retires after 37 years
- Top 16 ways to get involved in Summit County this week
- Sage Kotsenburg chats about the Olympics, ESPYs and pro snowboarding’s future
- Lightning strikes prompt Colorado experts to dispell myths, urge caution