STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Lake Dillon Fire to address cell tower concerns at Tuesday meeting
- Forecasters predict wetter summer and drier winter
- Blue River residents collect nearly 100 signatures to stall Ruby Placer development
- Summit School District bids adieu to nearly 200 years of experience at retiree banquet
- Rep. Polis introduces Continental Divide Wilderness and Recreation Act