STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Alex Grant and Kate Aardal hold on to win 2014 Breck Epic bike race
- Carbondale valedictorian comes out in graduation speech
- Colorado's Bustang bus system to connect Vail, Summit County and Glenwood Springs
- Breckenridge speaker series welcomes survivor of Rwandan genocide
- Dedicated Frisco Bike Park crew gets hands dirty