STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- USA Pro challenge cancels this year's Colo. bike race
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hopes for new terrain, lifts and zip lines
- Summit County couple met as teens, reconnected 13 years later
- Man suspected in Aspen chairlift push arrested and charged with felony assault
- Fly Fishing Film Tour returns to Silverthorne for third year