STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Off The Hill: The circle of life for a Breck local
- Summit County rescuers responded to three avalanches this weekend
- Travel to Crested Butte on a Colorado road trip
- Judge sets Breckenridge hit-and-run trial for March
- Sue Frank vows to repay stolen money: 'I don't care if it takes until the day I die…'