STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - State officials say a Steamboat Ski Area lift chair with two people on it slid backward this week because of a worn-out grip.The Steamboat Pilot & Today reports the chair slid a short distance on the Priest Creek lift's steel cable Monday but didn't strike the chair behind it. The lift was immediately stopped and unloaded. No one was hurt.Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board spokeswoman Cory Everett-Lozano says an inspector determined the chair slid because a grip on the steel cable of the 40-year-old lift was worn out. Everett-Lozano says the resort will inspect all the grips before operating the lift again.
- Frisco marijuana dispensary scraps construction near Holiday Inn
- $3 million Dercum's Dash home becomes priciest Keystone sale since 2007
- Colorado company to be featured on 'Somebody's Gotta Do It' with Mike Rowe
- Miracle in Moab: The stunning rescue of Danelle Ballengee
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens new kids center