BOULDER - The command came from the person behind the camera who was snapping photo after photo at midcourt for a team poster - act goofy. And so they did. The players on the Colorado women's basketball team made funny faces, leaned on one another to the point of tipping over and even did pushups in the front row. Off to an 11-0 start, the Buffaloes are definitely a cheerful and chipper bunch these days. Only, it's now time to turn serious as No. 20 Colorado hosts fourth-ranked Stanford tonight in the Pac-12 Conference opener. Or is it? The reason for the Buffaloes' success on the court may be as simple as this: They just don't take themselves too seriously. Others are, of course. Or at least beginning to, anyway.
- Car rental startup finds success in first month at Denver International Airport
- Silverthorne 'pain doctor' sentenced to 15 years for narcotic distribution
- Summit County golf courses tee up for season
- Skiers catch last turns at Loveland Ski Area Sunday: A-Basin remains open
- Prosecutor in Summit County machete attack case pushes for stiffer charges