BOULDER - The command came from the person behind the camera who was snapping photo after photo at midcourt for a team poster - act goofy. And so they did. The players on the Colorado women's basketball team made funny faces, leaned on one another to the point of tipping over and even did pushups in the front row. Off to an 11-0 start, the Buffaloes are definitely a cheerful and chipper bunch these days. Only, it's now time to turn serious as No. 20 Colorado hosts fourth-ranked Stanford tonight in the Pac-12 Conference opener. Or is it? The reason for the Buffaloes' success on the court may be as simple as this: They just don't take themselves too seriously. Others are, of course. Or at least beginning to, anyway.
- Summit County names Jaime FitzSimons interim sheriff
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- Hike Summit County: Dark Canyon of the Raggeds Wilderness near Crested Butte
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area hosts Festival of the Brewpubs
- Swift water season arrives for all-volunteer Summit County Water Rescue Team