BOULDER - The command came from the person behind the camera who was snapping photo after photo at midcourt for a team poster - act goofy. And so they did. The players on the Colorado women's basketball team made funny faces, leaned on one another to the point of tipping over and even did pushups in the front row. Off to an 11-0 start, the Buffaloes are definitely a cheerful and chipper bunch these days. Only, it's now time to turn serious as No. 20 Colorado hosts fourth-ranked Stanford tonight in the Pac-12 Conference opener. Or is it? The reason for the Buffaloes' success on the court may be as simple as this: They just don't take themselves too seriously. Others are, of course. Or at least beginning to, anyway.
- Colorado hiker rescued after fall off Mt. Royal in Frisco
- Winter will bring more plowing, metering on I-70
- Breckenridge increases parking fines for time-limit violators
- Forest Service OKs ziplines, alpine coasters on Vail Mountain
- Summit County marks milestone as Pennsylvania Mine receives one of two pollution-preventing plugs