ASHBURN, Va. - Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan says he's "definitely" interested in exploring head coaching opportunities once Washington's season is over. Shanahan could be a candidate for one or more of the seven NFL openings based on his successful season molding a creative offense around rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know until he read it in the media that his father - head coach Mike Shanahan - declared that assistants shouldn't interview while the Redskins are still playing. Kyle Shanahan would be hard to contact anyway - he says he doesn't have an agent and hasn't answered his phone "in about six months." But the 33-year-old says he'd like to be considered and is "looking forward to having that opportunity after the season."
Redskins' Kyle Shanahan wants to be a head coach
Trending in: News
- Jane Peterson is the next president and CEO of Keystone Symposia
- Continental Divide Land Trust gets new conservation easement in Lower Blue River Valley
- Summit County police blotter: Dillon parking dispute ignites stickergate scandal
- Snowboarder dies after hitting tree at Copper Mountain Resort
- Rocky Mountain Marijuana Part 1: High Country towns learn live with retail culture