ASHBURN, Va. - Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan says he's "definitely" interested in exploring head coaching opportunities once Washington's season is over. Shanahan could be a candidate for one or more of the seven NFL openings based on his successful season molding a creative offense around rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know until he read it in the media that his father - head coach Mike Shanahan - declared that assistants shouldn't interview while the Redskins are still playing. Kyle Shanahan would be hard to contact anyway - he says he doesn't have an agent and hasn't answered his phone "in about six months." But the 33-year-old says he'd like to be considered and is "looking forward to having that opportunity after the season."
- Leadville woman charged with first-degree murder after hitting boyfriend with car
- Silverthorne gas station robbed, police search for suspect
- Mountain Wheels: Take your pick: Subaru Crosstrek vs. Impreza Sport
- Downhill longboarding: An underground realm of motorcycle leathers and freeway speeds on Vail Pass
- 19th annual Bluegrass & Beer Festival comes to Keystone's River Run Village