ASHBURN, Va. - Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan says he's "definitely" interested in exploring head coaching opportunities once Washington's season is over. Shanahan could be a candidate for one or more of the seven NFL openings based on his successful season molding a creative offense around rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know until he read it in the media that his father - head coach Mike Shanahan - declared that assistants shouldn't interview while the Redskins are still playing. Kyle Shanahan would be hard to contact anyway - he says he doesn't have an agent and hasn't answered his phone "in about six months." But the 33-year-old says he'd like to be considered and is "looking forward to having that opportunity after the season."
Redskins' Kyle Shanahan wants to be a head coach
Trending in: News
- What you need to know about buying recreational marijuana in Colorado
- Summit County approves ‘aggressive’ summer road construction schedule
- Breckenridge Ski Resort and Copper Mountain close this weekend
- Breckenridge Festival of Film embezzlement case could end in plea deal
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colo.