Daytime lane closures are scheduled next week at the Twin Tunnels on Interstate 70 at the east end of Idaho Springs for electrical and inspection work, according to a statement from the Colorado Department of Transportation. For Monday and Tuesday, the westbound left lane will be closed from noon to 5 p.m. On Wednesday, the eastbound right lane and either the right or left westbound lane will be closed from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. During work hours, the speed limit is reduced to 35 mph. For more updates, CDOT has launched a new smartphone application to provide drivers with easier access to I-70 traveler information. It includes travel speeds and times, road conditions, incidents, road work information and feeds from CDOT's closed-circuit television cameras and alerts. Text CDOT to 25827 or download CDOT Mobile from your App store.
- Summit County denies appeal on Tiger Road rock crushing operations
- Despite sparse snow, February revenues jump in Summit County
- Whitewater season arrives in Colorado with rafting in Browns Canyon, Upper Colorado River
- Take 5: Interview with U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame rower Peggy Bailey
- Breckenridge graphic designer owns Letter H Studio