Daytime lane closures are scheduled next week at the Twin Tunnels on Interstate 70 at the east end of Idaho Springs for electrical and inspection work, according to a statement from the Colorado Department of Transportation. For Monday and Tuesday, the westbound left lane will be closed from noon to 5 p.m. On Wednesday, the eastbound right lane and either the right or left westbound lane will be closed from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. During work hours, the speed limit is reduced to 35 mph. For more updates, CDOT has launched a new smartphone application to provide drivers with easier access to I-70 traveler information. It includes travel speeds and times, road conditions, incidents, road work information and feeds from CDOT's closed-circuit television cameras and alerts. Text CDOT to 25827 or download CDOT Mobile from your App store.
- Interestate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- Summit County leaders mobilize to address alarming suicide, mental-health trends
- Dear Drewbie: What Mount Everest and a Phish concert teach us about life, travel and finding your comfort zone
- Find alpine serenity hiking the Oh-Be-Joyful Trail near Crested Butte
- Judge rules chairlift pusher not guilty by reason of insanity