Effective Jan. 1, the fixed interest rate on all new loans through the Division of Housing down payment assistance program fell to 2 percent. The Summit Combined Housing Authority (SCHA) generates these loans in conjunction with a first mortgage provider, assisting locals with the purchase of a primary home within Summit County. The maximum loan amount will be equal to half of the borrowers required down payment, and cannot exceed 100 percent loan-to-value; Loan amount cannot exceed $25,000. All borrowers must owner-occupy the residence, work a minimum of 30 hours/week year-round, and meet income eligibility requirements of HUD-low income per household size. More info on this program can be obtained at http://bit.ly/VG0qHL calling (970) 423-7041 or email JoyK@summithousing.us.
- Keystone co-founder Jane Bergman dies at age 91
- Silverthorne Lowe's: Opening retail in a down economy
- CDOT pushes for winter tire tread education
- Summit County ski area leaders talk industry trends at 21st annual COO Breakfast
- Summit County police blotter: Wrecked windows and real estate shoving matches