Effective Jan. 1, the fixed interest rate on all new loans through the Division of Housing down payment assistance program fell to 2 percent. The Summit Combined Housing Authority (SCHA) generates these loans in conjunction with a first mortgage provider, assisting locals with the purchase of a primary home within Summit County. The maximum loan amount will be equal to half of the borrowers required down payment, and cannot exceed 100 percent loan-to-value; Loan amount cannot exceed $25,000. All borrowers must owner-occupy the residence, work a minimum of 30 hours/week year-round, and meet income eligibility requirements of HUD-low income per household size. More info on this program can be obtained at http://bit.ly/VG0qHL calling (970) 423-7041 or email JoyK@summithousing.us.
- Liddick: Big government the cause, not the cure, of social unrest
- Former Silverthorne police chief makes ‘THC’ brownies
- Kenny Loggins, Wynonna Judd headline Copper Country
- Glamping: The art of glamorous camping from swanky tents to solar power
- Mountain Wheels: Mazda3 emphasizes the efficiency and the electronics