Joan entered into eternal rest on Oct. 23 after a valiant battle with breast cancer. Many of you may remember Joan from Breckenridge Ski School, Blue Moon Bakery and Mountain Java. Even though she moved to Naples, Fla., more than 10 years ago those who knew Joan know that she was a special person, always thinking of others. Joan is survived by her husband, Tod McManus; her parents, Jim and Janet Hintze; her siblings, Jane Anania, Jennifer Boggs and Jim Hintze Jr. A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
- Breckenridge police blotter: Social media melee spooks bar owner
- Backcountry Cannabis Company, formerly Breckenridge Cannabis Club, lived the uncertainty of Colorado's marijuana industry
- This week in Summit County history: Snowslide crashes into C&S Train
- Summit's Historic Yesterdays: Chalk Mountain trains youngsters who become early ski race champs
- A behind-the-scenes look at avalanche mitigation for Arapahoe Basin