Joan entered into eternal rest on Oct. 23 after a valiant battle with breast cancer. Many of you may remember Joan from Breckenridge Ski School, Blue Moon Bakery and Mountain Java. Even though she moved to Naples, Fla., more than 10 years ago those who knew Joan know that she was a special person, always thinking of others. Joan is survived by her husband, Tod McManus; her parents, Jim and Janet Hintze; her siblings, Jane Anania, Jennifer Boggs and Jim Hintze Jr. A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
- Hike Summit County: Dark Canyon of the Raggeds Wilderness near Crested Butte
- Summit Daily's top stories of the day
- This Week in Summit County History: Terrible night fire — almost
- Quandary: Fishing regulations on Gold Medal waters and Summit's evacuation plan
- Summit hits record lodging rates for all seasons