Joan entered into eternal rest on Oct. 23 after a valiant battle with breast cancer. Many of you may remember Joan from Breckenridge Ski School, Blue Moon Bakery and Mountain Java. Even though she moved to Naples, Fla., more than 10 years ago those who knew Joan know that she was a special person, always thinking of others. Joan is survived by her husband, Tod McManus; her parents, Jim and Janet Hintze; her siblings, Jane Anania, Jennifer Boggs and Jim Hintze Jr. A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
- Machete attack trial: Detective addresses concerns with Vanmatre's recorded interview
- Volvo's international model line expands
- A mid-summer powder day at the Frisco Rowing Center
- EPA prevented toxic brew from moly mine
- An end-of-summer gear guide to sleeping bags, solar lanterns, packrafts and base layers